Southern Tanzania & Zanzibar
- Duration10 Nights
- When to GoJun - Oct
- Price GuideFrom $9,067 Per Person
At A Glance
Ruaha National Park
- Fly from Dar es Salaam to Ruaha National Park in a light aircraft plane
- Two game drives per day on a shared basis in open-sided jeeps
- Opportunity to do a walking safari or fy camping
Selous Game Reserve
- Fly from Ruaha to the Selous in a light aircraft plane
- Enjoy two game-viewing activities per day, morning and afternoon
- Experience safari by boat, foot and jeep in this exciting park
- Enjoy the final few days of this exhilarating trip on a paradise island
- Enjoy white sand beaches and azure waters
- Zanzibar offers many excursions including spice tours, walking tours and plenty of water activities
Meet Our Expert
Gemma D Souza
With family roots in Kenya, it became a continent I have naturally gravitated towards. I’ve traveled extensively around East and Southern, working with luxury camps, guides, and rangers for over eight years. I am enthralled by Africa and would happily talk about this diverse continent’s wildlife, cultures and experiences all day, every day.
- 6 nights of luxury safari accommodation in the Selous Game Reserve and Ruaha National Park
- 4 nights of luxury accommodation in Zanzibar
- All game-viewing activities on a shared basis. This includes game drives, boat safaris, bush walks and catch-and-release fishing
- All-inclusive accommodation in the safari properties – all meals and house drinks
- All park fees and internal flights between Dar es Salaam, Selous and Ruaha
- Expert planning and support and 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
What's not Included
- International flights
- Any premium brands and drinks not included
- Tipping and gratuities
- Visas if required
- We strong advise all guests to purchase comprehensive travel insurance
Day by Day Itinerary
- DAYS 1-3
Ruaha National Park
You will fly from Dar es Salaam to Ruaha National Park where you will spend the first three nights on safari. This park is unique in many ways and as you fly over the park in a light aircraft plane, you will see the range of landscapes and environments. As you land in the park, you will be met by your safari guide from Kwihala Camp, and begin your safari back to the luxury tented camp. Here you will spend the next three days enjoying morning and afternoon game drives inside Ruaha National Park – with the opportunity to see elephants, buffalo, lion, leopards, and rarer species like African wild dogs and kudu. Kwihala Camp is on an all-inclusive basis so all of your meals, drinks, park fees, and safaris are included.
- Days 4 - 6
Selous Game Reserve
You will then fly from Ruaha to the Selous Game Reserve where you will spend the next three nights on safari. This park is focused on the water, as there are plenty of lakes and rivers that run through the reserve. Today you will enjoy a day of safari activities in the Selous Game Reserve. The mighty Rufiji River runs through the Selous, with many lakes and estuaries running parallel. These lakes are where animals congregate, and predators lurk in the thicket nearby, which makes game viewing so exciting. The Selous is a park that offers a variety of game-viewing activities, including game drives, bush walks, catch-and-release fishing, and boat safaris. As the sun sets, enjoy sundowners with your guide and fellow campmates, before a divine dinner under the stars at Roho ya Selous.
- Days 7 - 10
After your bush breakfast, say goodbye to the friendly staff at Roho ya Selous and transfer to the airstrip by your guide to catch the internal flight to Zanzibar Island. Enjoy a final game drive en route to the airstrip and take the time to say goodbye to your guide who will no doubt become a great friend. As you arrive in Zanzibar, you will be met on arrival and transferred to The Residence. This is a wonderful hotel offering lots of facilities, great food and amenities, and a fantastic beach. You will stay here for 4 nights. You can do as much, or as little as you like on the island. For those interested in watersports, you can enjoy snorkeling, diving, and kite surfing experiences (bookable from the hotel). If you are looking for full-day excursions, you can visit Jozani Forest, spice farms, and Stone Town (the UNESCO world heritage capital).
- DAY 11
On your final day, you will be transferred to Zanzibar Airport where you will say goodbye to Tanzania, and fly home.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED