Northern Tanzania Safari
- Duration10 Nights
- When to GoJun - Mar
- Price GuideFrom $8,928 Per Person
You’ll then make your way to the Serengeti National Park to spend three nights on safari, with the opportunity to see the Great Migration. Depending on the time of year, you will either fly to the northern plains of the Serengeti (June to October) or head down to the Ndutu plans in the south (December to March) to witness the calving season. On the final day, you will fly from the Serengeti airstrip to Kilimanjaro, where you will connect to your international flights home.
At A Glance
- Met on arrival in Zanzibar Airport and transfer to The Residence
- Enjoy full board accommodation in a luxury villa
- All private excursions in Zanzibar can be arranged
- Fly from Zanzibar to the Ngorongoro Crater in a light aircraft plane
- Enjoy a full day game drive descent into the Ngorongoro Crater
- Private 4x4 safari jeep and a picnic lunch included
Serengeti National Park
- Fly from the Ngorongoro Crater to the plains of the Serengeti National Park
- Enjoy three nights in a luxury tented camp, close to the wildebeest migration
- Two game drives per day included on a shared basis
Meet Our Expert
Gemma D Souza
With family roots in Kenya, it became a continent I have naturally gravitated towards. I’ve traveled extensively around East and Southern, working with luxury camps, guides, and rangers for over eight years. I am enthralled by Africa and would happily talk about this diverse continent’s wildlife, cultures and experiences all day, every day.
- 5 nights of luxury accommodation on Zanzibar Island
- 2 nights in the Ngorongoro Crater on a full board basis
- A game drive descent into the Ngorongoro Crater including a picnic lunch on a private basis
- 3 nights in the Serengeti National Park on a full board basis. Your game drives will be on a shared basis in open-sided vehicles
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) included on safari
- All park fees and game activities included on a shared basis
- All internal flights outlined in the itinerary
- Expert planning and support and 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
What's not Included
- International flights
- Any premium brands and drinks not included
- Tipping and gratuities
- Visas if required
- We strongly advise all guests to purchase comprehensive travel insurance
Day by Day Itinerary
- Days 1 - 5
You will be met at Zanzibar International Airport where you will be transferred to The Residence – your home for the next five nights. The island of Zanzibar offers something for everyone. For those who are looking to do some day trips from the beach, we would recommend a day trip to Stone Town. This is the capital of Zanzibar and is regarded as a UNESCO world heritage site. The town is filled with history and culture so we would definitely recommend a guided tour through the alleyways of Stone Town to soak in the atmosphere. For those who are keen on watersports, there are lots of opportunities to enjoy the waters of Zanzibar. You can do snorkeling, diving, kite surfing, stand-up paddle boarding, dhow sunset trips, and many more. Zanzibar is famous for its spices and as a result, is often referred to as ‘spice island’. You can visit one of the spice farms and get a private tour – smelling, seeing, and tasting the spices, fruits, and vegetables grown.
- Days 6 - 7
After your time spent on the beautiful island of Zanzibar, you will fly across to Manyara airstrip where you will be met on arrival by your safari guide. It is now time to head to another of Tanzania’s most iconic destinations – the Ngorongoro Crater. Located in the Ngorongoro highlands, you will spend the next two nights at Plantation Lodge. Beautiful well-kept gardens and coffee plantation hills surround the lodge, so you will instantly feel at one with nature. Relax at Plantation Lodge, ready for another day of excitement tomorrow. The Ngorongoro Crater is one of the Wonders of the World, and rightly so! As the largest inactive caldera in the world, the Ngorongoro Crater attracts thousands of visitors each year to witness the views from the top, and experience the famous game drive down the crater rim. As you leave Plantation Lodge in the morning, make sure you wear lots of layers as temperatures are much cooler at the top of the crater. As you descend down into the crater, you will start to feel warmer and the safari begins. Enjoy the unique ecosystem and the abundance of wildlife on your day-long game drive.
- Days 8 - 10
Serengeti National Park
After breakfast and a morning coffee, you will begin your drive to the Serengeti National Park. Once you enter the boundaries of the Serengeti, you will continue to drive to the southern plains of the Serengeti (between November and March). This is where the luxury tented camp is located and your home for the next three nights – Kichakani Camp. This is a mobile tented camp offering luxury accommodation and excellent guiding. For the next three nights, you will enjoy morning and afternoon game drives in one of the greatest national parks in all of Africa. Out on your game drive, you will drive through a variety of landscapes, with the opportunity to see elephant, hippo, crocodile, giraffe, zebra, and antelope to name a few. As most cats are territorial, your guide will know the best locations for big such as lion prides, cheetah, and leopard. Note that if you are doing this itinerary between June and October, you will fly from the Ngorongoro Crater to the northern plains of the Serengeti – which is where the migration herds will be at this time of the year.
- Day 11
You will fly back to Kilimanjaro airport to connect onto international flights home.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED