Tanzania Migration Safari
- Duration9 Nights
- When to GoJun - Mar
- Price GuideFrom $8,763 Per Person
Between the months of June and October, you will stay in a luxury tented camp in the northern plains of the Serengeti, before flying across to the beautiful island of Zanzibar. Between November and March, you will stay in the southern plains of the Serengeti. Our Africa specialists will offer detailed explanations and curate the perfect safari for you. So if the Great Migration is on your bucket list, get in touch today.
At A Glance
Serengeti National Park
- Fly from Kilimanjaro to the plains of the Serengeti National Park in a light aircraft
- Upon arrival, begin your safari in an open-sided jeep
- Witness the wildebeest migration herds, amongst all the action
- Stay in a luxury tented migration camp - the best place to see the herds
- Fly from the Serengeti to the island of Zanzibar
- Spend four nights on the idyllic island
- Enjoy a day at the UNESCO World Heritage Site in Stone Town
- Ample opportunities for excursions and watersports across the island
- Spend a day in Zanzibar's UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Guided walking tour of Stone Town
- Lunch at a rooftop Zanzibari restaurant before heading to the airport
Meet Our Expert
Gemma D Souza
With family roots in Kenya, it became a continent I have naturally gravitated towards. I’ve traveled extensively around East and Southern, working with luxury camps, guides, and rangers for over eight years. I am enthralled by Africa and would happily talk about this diverse continent’s wildlife, cultures and experiences all day, every day.
- 5 nights in a luxury tented camp in the Serengeti National Park
- 5 days of game viewing in the Serengeti - based on the location of the wildebeest herds
- An opportunity to see iconic moments of the Great Migration - like river crossings or the calving season
- 4 nights of luxury accommodation on Zanzibar Island
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)and house drinks included on safari
- All park fees and game activities included on a shared basis
- All internal flights outlined in the itinerary
- Expert planning and support and 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
What's not Included
- International flights
- Any premium brands and drinks not included
- Tipping and gratuities
- Visas if required
- We strongly advise all guests to purchase comprehensive travel insurance
Day by Day Itinerary
- Days 1 - 5
Serengeti National Park
You will be met at Kilimanjaro international airport, where you will fly directly into the Serengeti National Park. This will be in a small Cessna Caravan aircraft and as you come down to land, you will get the opportunity to see an array of animals from the air; Welcome to the Serengeti! You will spend the next five nights in a luxury tented camp called Olakira. The best thing about this camp is that, as a migration camp, it moves throughout the year based on the location of the wildebeest herds. You will have two game drives per day – one early morning and another late afternoon – to take advantage of the cooler weather, and the animals being at their most active. Your safaris will be led by professional guides and you will be looked after exceptionally well.
- Days 6 - 9
After five days of exhilarating safari, you will fly across to Zanzibar Island to spend four nights relaxing on the white sand beaches. The island is beautiful in so many ways – from the enticing spice plantations to the azure waters that sparkle under the African sun. You will spend four nights in Kono Kono which offers a variety of room types and villas. Whether you wake up amongst the tropical gardens or facing the ocean from the beach pavilions, it is a great place to be based while you explore the island. There are plenty of excursions to enjoy across the island, as well as watersports like snorkeling, diving, and dhow sunset trips.
- Day 10
On your final day, you will explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Stone Town. This is the capital city of Zanzibar island and one that is filled with history and culture. You will be transferred to Stone Town in the morning to enjoy a historic walking tour with a private guide. En route, you will visit sites like the House of Wonders, the Former Slave Market, the Freddie Mercury House, the Old Fort, and the Forodhani Garden and Market area. There is plenty of atmosphere to soak up before you are transferred to the international airport, where you will fly home.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED