Talk to the Expert
Although I was born in Zambia, raised in Zimbabwe (two land-locked countries), I am very passionate about travel on the sea. I’ve cruised extensively on luxury small ships and ocean liners around the world – I look forward to sharing my experiences with you
- from $3,550 PP
- 7 Nights
- Max 50 Passengers
- May - Sep
- 3hrs from London / 11hrs from NYC
Sailing round-trip for seven nights from the port of Lavrio near the Greek capital of Athens, this laid-back cruise is a great way to savor the delights of the Aegean while exploring everything from sacred archaeological sites to some of the world’s most beautiful beaches. You’ll appreciate the Zen-like feel of the ship and her intimate atmosphere, spacious cabins, mouthwatering dining and personalized service. Look forward to expert-led guided tours while visiting an ideal mix of classic destinations like Santorini, Mykonos, Milos, and Naxos, and less-visited gems, such as Sifnos and Kimolos, ensuring memories of a lifetime.
Why Book with Us
Low Deposit To Book
Book your trip with us and pay a reduced deposit with the rest 90 days before your departure
From the moment you book your trip, our team is on hand 24/7 to assist you throughout your journey.
ATOL & ABTOT Protected
Your trip with us is fully financially protected by our travel insurers. Peace of mind guaranteed.
Intuitive Travel App
One central place to access all of your travel documents and guides without the need for WiFi.
At a Glance
- Explore the beautiful Cyclades island on board a spacious 4 star small expedition cruise ship
- Rest your head in a choice of 25 spacious and fully air-conditioned en-suite cabins
- Visit an array of iconic and off the beaten track islands in comfort and style
- Discover Mykonos, Santorini and Naxos alongside hidden gems like Milos, Koufonisia and Serifos
- Marvel at iconic sights like UNESCO listed Delos and watch the sunset in Santorini
- Enjoy delicious on board cuisine with alfresco outdoor dining for breakfast and lunch
- Spend your evenings on shore sampling local Greek cuisine on a different island each evening
- Take daily refreshing swims with swim stops from the boat and from sandy beaches with free use of watersports
- Enjoy ultimate relaxation with treatments at the boats on board Gemaya Spa
- Catch some rays on the ships expansive sundeck with Jacuzzi
- Enjoy complementary Pilates classes with superb on board service
Want to extend your trip?
If you are looking to extend your stay in Greece or equally visit another European destination on your trip, then please speak to our travel experts as we can create you a bespoke itinerary to suit your needs.
Our Cruise Ship
Cruise on the Elysium, a graceful 4 star expedition cruise ship that offers a unique cruising experience. She sleeps up to just 50 passengers who can look forward to very personalized service with accommodation in spacious cabins. This vessel offers plenty of ways to get active and relax too, with everything from a wellness deck for sunrise pilates and a soothing Jacuzzi to snorkeling.
Built in 1998 and refurbished in 2021 the Elysium’s 25 cabins are available in five different categories, including double, triple, and interconnecting family cabins, all of which have windows or portholes. Each one is ensuite, with comfortable bathrooms that have showers, organic toiletries, towels, hairdryers, spa robes, and slippers.
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1 Embarkation, Port of Lavrio to Cape Sounion
Your cruise begins by taking a transfer to your ship in the port of Lavrio with check-in available between 2 pm and 3 pm. Enjoy a welcome drink as you get to know the Elysium and the friendly crew. At 4 pm you’ll depart for Cape Sounion with its iconic Temple of Poseidon overlooking the sapphire sea, with the first swim stop of the trip enjoyed off its shores. Back on board, the welcome dinner brings the opportunity to get to know your fellow passengers while dining on a delicious three-course meal. As you peacefully sleep in your cabin we’ll cruise on toward Mykonos.
- On Board Dining: Welcome Dinner
Day 2 Cape Sounion to Mykonos
We’ll arrive at the sacred island of Delos this morning. One of the most impressive archaeological sites in Greece, the UNESCO World Heritage Site features remarkable ruins dating between the 5th and 4th centuries BC. That includes a theater, temples, statues, mosaics, and impeccably preserved Venetian and Byzantine architecture. You’ll have the option to take an optional guided tour of Delos before we continue to nearby Mykonos (entrance to be paid at the site). After Delos we continue on to Mykonos with lunch on board on route. Upon arrival in Mykonos, join our Cruise Director and a local guide for a fascinating guided tour of Mykonos Town. Discover the history of this picture perfect town visiting one of the oldest bakeries in Greece, its iconic windmills, Little Venice and several other hidden gems which make up this charming town. In the evening, you are free to enjoy dinner at a fabulous selection of restaurants in Mykonos.
- On Board Dining: Breakfast & Lunch
- Optional Excursion AM: Delos archaeological site
- Excursion Included PM: Guided Tour of Mykonos Town with a Local Expert
Day 3 Mykonos to Naxos
Saying farewell to Mykonos, our next destination is Naxos, with a swim stop en route followed by lunch on board. After our mid-afternoon arrival to this beautiful Cycladic Island, we invite our guests to join our local guide for an island tour of Naxos visiting traditional mountain villages like Chalki. You might feel like you’ve stepped by in time as it’s managed to retain its ancient traditions with the feel of a medieval town, while the narrow streets are paved with marble. After our Naxos Island tour, we will return to Naxos Town, where you will enjoy dinner on your own.
- On Board Dining: Breakfast & Lunch
- Excursion Included: Traditional Naxos Villages Tour
Day 4 Naxos to Koufonisia
Cruising on toward Koufonisia, look forward to a morning swim stop at Schinoussa, a serene island just south of Naxos with calm, aquamarine waters, and little development with a population of only a few hundred. We’ll reach Koufonisia in the mid-afternoon, a treasure with striking natural scenery, exotic beaches, friendly locals, and outstanding food. Enjoy the evening at your leisure, perhaps taking a walk to one of the many secluded beaches before taking advantage of the many great eats available here. Dishes, including lots of fresh fish and seafood, tend to feature authentic flavors and lots of local ingredients.
- On Board Dining: Breakfast & Lunch
Day 5 Koufonisia to Santorini. Overnight to Milos
While our ultimate destination is Santorini, we’ll visit Ios along the way for a swim stop at Magganari Beach, a large stretch on the south coast boasting soft golden sands with clear, shallow water. Lunch will be on board with arrival in Santorini at 2pm. We highly recommend taking our optional excursion which includes a visit to a fabulous family winery where you will learn the unique way in which wine producers on the island cultivate their grapes and produce their wines. You will get an opportunity to sample their wines and snacks. We will then continue on to the popular picture perfect town of Oia where you will enjoy a guided tour through its pristine streets which jaw dropping Caldera views. Guests looking to stay in Oia for dinner can finish the tour here and make their own way back to Fira. Guests wishing to eat in Fira will head back with the guide an finish the tour in Fira. This evening guests can choose to have dinner on the island and get back to the ship by 11pm, before its onward departure.
- On Board Dining: Breakfast & Lunch
- Optional Excursion: Santorini Wine & Oia Tour EUR70pp
Day 6 Milos to Kimolos
Wake up in Milos, the “island of colors,” with its famous lunar-like landscape that includes smooth, white volcanic rock stunning contrasted against the brilliant blue of the sea. Join our Cruise Director and our local guide for a fascinating island morning tour which showcases the highlights of this unique island. You will get to visit the world famous Sarakiniko Beach with the opportunity to swim its its iconic bays. We will continue on to the picturesque town of Plaka with its picture perfect streets and charming boutiques. The tour will ends with an optional visit to the Geology museum which showcases the history of this fascinating island. Lunch will be on your own bringing the opportunity to sample the delicious local fare. Return to the ship by 4pm as you’ll depart for Kimolos while enjoying dinner on board. You’ll have the evening free to explore Kimolos, one of the most picturesque and peaceful Cycladic islands.
- On Board Dining: Breakfast & Dinner
- Excursion Included: Guided Tour of Milos Island
Day 7 Kimolos to Sifnos
We begin our return toward the port of Lavrio but there’s still a full day of fun ahead with a visit to Sifnos. You’ll have the option to hike one of the many “Sifnos trails” or choose an optional excursion to the island’s medieval castle and the most photographed spot on Sifnos, the church of Seven Martyrs. Alternatively you could explore Apollonia, the picturesque capital, named after the God of light Apollo. You will also enjoy lunch on your own at one of Apollonia’s traditional tavernas or opt for a cooking experience with the locals. This evening, enjoy the Farewell Dinner with live entertainment
- On Board Dining: Breakfast & Farewell Dinner
Day 8 Disembarkation, Port of Lavrio
We’ll reach the place where it all began early this morning, the port of Lavrio. Disembarkation is by 10 am but you’ll have time for one last breakfast on board along with farewells to your fellow passengers, the captain, and crew. With transfer included you can choose to travel to an onward hotel should you wish to spend time in Athens. Or head to the airport to catch your flight home. If we can assist with your travel plans our travel experts will be happy to help, otherwise, we wish you a safe journey and hope to see you again on another memorable trip.
- On Board Dining: Breakfast
- Transfers to and from the vessel
- Spacious en-suite and air-conditioned cabins
- Excellent English-speaking crew with a crew to client ratio of 1 to 2
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Daily buffet lunch
- Three course welcome dinner
- Greek style BBQ Farewell dinner
- A complimentary glass of wine with the welcome dinner and farewell dinner
- Filtered water throughout the cruise
- Complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits
- Guided tour of Mykonos Town with a local expert
- Guided tour of Traditional Naxos Villages with tasting
- Guided tour of Milos Island with swimming at Sarakiniko Beach
- Complimentary on board Pilates
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Complimentary use of snorkelling equipment and all water sports
- Multilingual Cruise Concierge
- Luggage handling and porterage
- Beach Towels
- Very intuitive travel app with our sought after Restaurant Guide
- Full financial trip protection for your guaranteed peace of mind
What's not Included
- Return flights to Greece
- Any meals or beverages not listed above
- Optional Santorini Wine & Oia tour which needs to be pre-booked EUR70pp
- Spa treatments at the Gemaya Spa
- Gratuities for the crew
- Laundry service (available on request)
- We strongly advise all guests purchase comprehensive travel insurance
- Price based in double occupancy in a double or twin room. 70% single person supplement.
Please select your year of departure.
JuneJun 01Jun 08Jun 15Jun 22Jun 29
SeptemberSep 07Sep 14Sep 21
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
Why book with Unforgettable Travel Co.
100% Financial Protection
We are a licensed and fully bonded tour operator financially protected by both the Civil Aviation Authority (ATOL) and the Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust (ABTOT). All clients that travel with us are fully financially protected.
Our travel experts live and breathe the destinations they specialise in. This shows in their passionate to create hand crafted trips for our clients. We don’t offer cookie cutter trips, just truly unforgettable journeys unlike any other.
The Best Guides
What makes our trips extraordinary is the unique immersive experiences we include. We pride ourselves in our black book of sought after expert guides, game rangers and local contacts who believe in our philosophy, unforgettable.
From the moment you book your trip, we are on hand 24/7 to assist you throughout your journey. With regional offices around the world, we have ground logistics teams on hand to help you every step of the way.
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED