Waterfalls, Glaciers, and the Epic North Coast
- Duration6 Nights
- StylePrivate Tour
- When to GoMar - Sep
- Price GuideFrom $6,439 Per Person
At a Glance
- Private transfer to your Reykjavik hotel with a stop at the Blue Lagoon. Shared Nothern Lights hunting this evening
- Free day in Reykjavik to explore at your own leiaure
- Fly to Akureyri. Shared Nothern Lights tour with a local guide
- Shared Lake Myvatn excursion including Godafoss & Dettifoss waterfalls
- Fly to Reykjavik & private transfer to Husafell with a private Silver Circle tour
- Private Langjokull Glacier & Ice Cave adventure inside the glacier
- Private trnafer back to Keflavik Airport
Meet Our Expert
- 6 nights in 4 or 5-star accommodation
- Daily breakfast at all hotels
- Private airport departure and arrival transfers
- Private transfers as noted on itinerary
- Domestic flights from Reykjavik to Akureyri and Akureyri to Reykjavik
- Shared Northern Lights tours in Reykjavik and Akureyri
- Shared Lake Myvatn excursion
- Private Silver Circle tour
- Private Langjokull Glacier & Ice Cave adventure
- Blue Lagoon entrance, including towel rental
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
- Flexible, personalized itinerary based on your interests
What's not Included
- International flights from your country of origin
- Tips or gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel staff
- Any meals, tours, or activities other than those specifically mentioned in itinerary
- Incidental local expenses - souvenirs, laundry, taxis, etc
- Visas for Iceland. Your consultant will advise of any required visas and how to obtain them
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
Arrival into Keflavik, Iceland. Blue Lagoon & Northern Lights Hunting
Upon arrival at Keflavik Airport, your private driver/guide will welcome you to Iceland and provide a private transfer to your hotel in Reykjavik. Along the way, stop for a soak in the internationally famous soothing waters of the Blue Lagoon. Arrive at your hotel relaxed and refreshed, with a welcome package provided at check-in providing detailed information to enhance your trip. This evening, join a small-group northern lights hunting tour that starts with a short intro into the aurora borealis and includes photography tips so that you can capture the activity before heading into a remote area away from city lights for optimal viewing.
- Day 2
Reykjavik: At Your Leisure
You’ll have the entire day to yourself, the perfect time to enjoy the delights of the capital city. We suggest heading to the iconic Hallgrimskirkja Church first. At 244 feet tall, it’s Iceland’s tallest and provides a panoramic view from the top for the best perspective of the city’s layout below, accessed by elevator. In front of the church is a towering statue of Leif Erikson, a gift from the United States in recognition of the discovery of the New World by Norse explorers. As the sea nearly surrounds the city, there are many walking paths along the waterfront for a scenic stroll afterward.
- Day 3
Akureyri: Flight from Reykjavik & Northern Lights Tour
You’ll get to visit Iceland’s spectacular north coast today, taking a direct flight to Akureyri, the country’s second city. Enjoy the bird’s-eye view along the way – when skies are clear the flight itself offers some of the best vistas you’ll take in, including snow-covered volcanoes, mountains, and lakes. After checking into your hotel, you’ll join a small-group excursion led by a local guide to search for the northern lights on the dark winter’s night. The awe-inspiring spectacle is one of Mother Nature’s most impressive wonders with the colors dancing in the sky. While there are never guarantees, your guide knows the optimal spots for viewing.
Hotel KeaRead More
- Day 4
Akureyri: Lake Myvatn Excursion
A small-group excursion brings you to one of the highlights in the north: Lake Myvatn. This region is a microcosm of Iceland’s natural wonders, with everything from geothermal caves and desolate craters to bubbling mud pools. The lake itself is a conservation area known for its bird life, surrounded by bizarre rock formations, moss-grown lava fields, and lots of geothermal activity. Along the way visit Godafoss Waterfall, a horseshoe-shaped waterfall with turquoise-hued cascades that are nearly 100 feet wide and 40 feet high. Discover an underground river where the North American and Eurasian continents meet and the dazzling Dettifoss Waterfall, among many other majestic sights.
- Day 5
Husafell: Silver Circle Tour
Return to Reykjavik via a direct flight from Akureyri this morning followed by a transfer to Husafell. You’ll tour the Silver Circle along the way which features waterfalls and glacial rivers, volcanic lava, and hot springs while being rich in Viking legends and history. You’ll be mesmerized by the brilliant blue Barnafoss Falls, lava formations where water seems to burst through, a spectacular fjord, a powerful hot spring, and much more. Conclude at your Husafell hotel in the rural countryside for optimal aurora viewing, with the lights sometimes visible right from your room. You can sign up for a wakeup call when the lights appear.
Hotel HusafellRead More
- Day 6
Husafell: Langjokull Glacier & An Ice Cave Adventure
An exciting excursion will bring you to the second-largest glacier in the country from Husafell’s center. You’ll hop into a unique vehicle that’s been modified to traverse glaciers for a ride to the top of 368-square-mile Langjokull. Not only will you see it from the outside, but you’ll head inside to manmade ice tunnels to view the vibrant blue ice that sits at its heart. This is one of the best photo-ops with many photographs captured looking like works of art – and these glaciers truly are one of Mother Nature’s most stunning works. Back at your hotel, you’ll have another opportunity for aurora viewing tonight.
- Day 7
After six nights of making memories of a lifetime, your Iceland and the Northern Lights adventure comes to an end. Get your bags packed and ready as your private driver will pick you up from your Husafell hotel for a private transfer to Keflavik Airport. About 2.5 hours away. With so much to see and do here in every season, having experienced just a taste, you might find yourself booking a summer, fall, or spring trip before you return home. Of course, our travel experts are always here to help.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED