The Very Best of Switzerland
- Duration4 Nights
- StylePrivate Tour
- When to GoApr - Oct
- Price GuideFrom $2,223 Per Person
At a Glance
- Transfer from Airport to Station and onward to Lucerne
- Free day to enjoy Lucerne and the surrounding mountains
- Goldenpass Express to Interlaken - 1st class
- Rail to the top of the Jungfraujoch
- Rail transfer to Zurich or Geneva
Meet Our Expert
Hailing from America with Irish roots, I’ve spent most of my life exploring and embracing the best of the UK. In recent years, I’ve expanded my expert knowledge, now confidently selling Ireland, Scotland, England, France, and Switzerland.
- 4 nights in 4 or 5-star accommodation
- Daily breakfast at all hotels
- Private arrival and departure airport transfers
- 1st class Swiss Rail Pass
- All mentioned tours and sightseeing
- Entrance fees for any mentioned sightseeing, permits, local taxes, etc
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
- Flexible, personalized itinerary based on your interests
What's not Included
- International flights from your country of origin
- Tips or gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel staff
- Any meals, tours, or activities other than those specifically mentioned in itinerary
- Incidental local expenses - souvenirs, laundry, taxis, etc
- Visas for Switzerland. Your consultant will advise of any required visas and how to obtain them.
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip.
Day by Day Itinerary
- DAY 1
Zurich: Transfer from Airport to Station and onward to Lucerne
On arrival into Zurich Airport, you will be met by our representative, who will transfer you to Zurich Station for the beautiful journey west to Lucerne, famed for its lakeside setting and the famous Chapel Bridge. For those already in the city a transfer will take you straight from the hotel. In Switzerland the train is king and traveling by rail is very easy. Trains are clean, on time and always depart from the same platform, so there’s very rarely any confusion. It’s also much quicker than negotiating mountain roads by car. The journey time between Zurich and Lucerne is only around 1hr, but you will still enjoy stunning views of Lake Zurich, the foothills of the Swiss Alps.
On arrival it’s an easy walk to the hotel, or a private transfer can be arranged at an additional cost. Note that alternative routes from other larger cities such as Geneva can be arranged at no extra cost. Trains also run from northern Italy.
- DAY 2
Today is free for you to enjoy Lucerne at your own pace, you might wish to just relax in one of the many cafes that line the shore of the lake and visit the 14th-century Chapel Bridge, followed by a boat trip. Alternatively, you can visit Mount Pilatus onboard the steepest rack railway in the world, with a maximum gradient of 48%, or summit the Stanserhorn on the CabriO cableway and funicular railway, which dates back to 1893, the latter carries an additional charge on top of you Swiss Rail Pass, but this can be paid locally.
- DAY 3
Lucerne to Interlaken
This morning you will journey 1st class from Lucerne to the outdoor capital of Switzerland, Interlaken. The two-hour journey takes you over the Brünig Pass to the Bernese Oberland and on to Interlaken itself. It’s a stunning journey through green friends, pretty villages and impressive tunnels through the mountains. On arrival it’s a short walk to the hotel, or a private transfer can be arranged at an additional cost.
The afternoon is free to enjoy the town at your leisure.
- DAY 4
Enjoy one of the most incredible day excursions Switzerland has to offer and travel by rail to the top of the Jungfraujoch, the highest railway station in Europe at 11,332ft. The summit, which includes the Top of Europe Restaurant and museum, overlooks the eternal snow of the Aletsch Glacier and from here there is an almost continuous line of the over 13,123-foot peaks and views down to Swiss Mittelland towards the Vosges, a true sight to behold. On the return journey, you may choose to jump off halfway down and enjoy one of the many hiking routes around Grindelwald.
The journey time up to the summit is about 2hr and be sure to pack some warm clothes so you can enjoy the outside viewing platforms in comfort.
- DAY 5
Return to Zurich
After some free time to enjoy Interlaken, board the train for the easy, but beautiful journey back to Zurich. Journey time is approximately 2 hours with services running every 30 minutes. On arrival, you will be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel or the airport
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED