The Best of Rwanda and Tanzania
- Duration10 nights
- When to Go Jun – Mar
- Price GuideFrom $20,272 Per Person
After the highlights of Rwanda, you will fly from Kigali directly into the Serengeti National Park. You will then spend the next week on safari in two of the most iconic national parks in Tanzania. The Serengeti National Park and the Ngorongoro Crater are incredible parks, filled with a variety of species and wildlife. You will fly across the country in Cessna Caravan planes, getting a magical view of the Rift Valley and the landscape of Tanzania from above.
At A Glance
- Met on arrival in Kigali International Airport, with a private meet and greet
- Spend a night relaxing after your long-haul flight
Volcanoes National Park
- Spend three nights in Rwanda's Volcanoes National Park, part of the Virunga Mountains
- Enjoy a day gorilla trekking. with one hour spent with the habituated gorillas
- Experience local cultures and community projects at Singita Kwitonda Lodge
Serengeti National Park
- Fly from Kigali to the plains of the Serengeti National Park in northern Tanzania
- Spend three nights on safari, with professional guides in open-sided jeeps
- Enjoy morning and afternoon game drives every day
- Fly from the Serengeti to the Ngorongoro Crater for three nights
- Enjoy a full day game drive descent inside the Ngorongoro Crater
- Spend three nights in a luxury lodge in the forest highlands
Meet Our Expert
Gemma D Souza
With family roots in Kenya, it became a continent I have naturally gravitated towards. I’ve traveled extensively around East and Southern, working with luxury camps, guides, and rangers for over eight years. I am enthralled by Africa and would happily talk about this diverse continent’s wildlife, cultures and experiences all day, every day.
- Six nights on safari in Tanzania: combining the Serengeti and the Ngorongoro Crater
- A day of gorilla tracking in the Volcanoes National Park including the permit
- A private driver in a jeep from Kigali to Volcanoes National Park
- All park, concession and community fees
- 3 nights in the Serengeti National Park, with game drives on a shared basis
- A game drive descent inside the Ngorongoro Crater
What's not Included
- International flights to/ from Kigali and Kilimanjaro
- Any premium brands and drinks not included
- Tipping and gratuities
- Visas if required
- We strongly advise all guests to purchase comprehensive travel insurance
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
You will fly into Kigali international airport where you will be met on arrival and transferred to Kigali Serena Hotel to relax and recover after your flight. Kigali is the capital of Rwanda and is often referred to as the cleanest and friendliest city in Africa. Considering the civil war and devastating events that went on here – less than thirty years ago – the people of Rwanda are so kind and welcoming. From the moment you arrive into Kigali, you will be welcomed with huge and wholehearted smiles. For those who have the day in Kigali, we can arrange private and guided tours of the city to visit museums, galleries or other parts of the city that may interest you.
- Day 2 - 4
Volcanoes National Park
This morning you will have breakfast in the hotel before heading to the Volcanoes National Park. You will have own private vehicle and guide, enjoying the beautiful terraced hillsides and the picturesque Rwandan landscape. Within a couple of hours, you’ll be immersed in the Virunga Mountains, with huge and iconic mountain peaks visible. You’ll drive to Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge where you will spend the afternoon relaxing in the lodge, taking in the breath-taking views from the lodge, your room and private veranda. Enjoy dinner at the lodge and embrace the warm welcome from the staff and team at the lodge, before an early night, ready for your early start the next morning.
It’s time to go gorilla tracking! After a delicious breakfast on day two, you’ll be transferred to the park headquarters in the Volcanoes National Park for a safety briefing. You will then be split into smaller groups, with a maximum of six people per group, where you will meet your guide and ranger. You’ll then start your hike through the forest, in search of a habituated gorilla family. Once you find the gorilla family, you are allowed one hour with them to watch and photograph these incredible species. You’ll have two days of gorilla tracking and each trek you will visit a different gorilla family. After each gorilla trek, you’ll head back to Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge to relax, enjoy dinner and the serenity of the Virunga Mountains.
- Days 5 - 7
Serengeti National Park
After two days of gorilla tracking, you’ll drive back to Kigali where you will then fly onto the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania. You’ll be assisted through customs, landing on your bush airstrip in the heart of the Serengeti. You’ll spend the next three nights on safari, enjoying morning and afternoon game drives in open-sided jeeps. Depending on the time of year, you’ll either be staying in the northern, eastern or southern plains of the Serengeti – to get the best opportunity of seeing the wildebeest migration herds.
- Days 8 - 11
Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania
From the Serengeti, you’ll fly in a light aircraft plane to the Ngorongoro Crater. You’ll be spending the next three nights in the beautiful lodge of the Ngorongoro Highlands. For the time spent there, you’ll have a game drive descending into the Ngorongoro Crater, with the opportunity to experience cultural tours and visits, hikes and guided walks around the crater too. On the final day, you will fly back from Manyara to Kilimanjaro airport, where you will catch your international flight home.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED