The Best of Malta
- Duration7 Nights
- StylePrivate Tour
- When to GoApr - Oct
- Price GuideFrom $5,246 Per Person
At a Glance
- Private transfer to your hotel in Valletta. Free time to explore
- Private historical walking tour of Valletta including St. George Square and St. John's Cathedral
- Private cruise along the southern coast of Malta including a picnic lunch
- Private transfer to Mdina including a private tour of the Catacombs and bomb shelters
- Private guided tour of the silent city of Mdina and Rabat
- Private transfer and a short ferry ride to Goo Island. Enjoy a private culinary experience with a 3-course lunch
- Private guided tour of Gozo Island including Ggantija Temple, Nadur Hills and the Citadel of Victoria
- Short ferry ride and private departure transfer back to Valletta Airport
Meet Our Expert
From the snowy peaks of the Dolomites to the sun-kissed coasts of Puglia, my European journey has been nothing short of diverse and immersive. Now based in the chic ambience of Milan, this deep connection with Italy and Malta ensures that I bring unmatched authenticity to every travel itinerary I curate.
- 7 nights in 4 or 5-star accommodation
- Daily breakfast at all hotels
- Picnic lunch included on the private Valletta cruise excursion
- 3-course lunch included on the private Gozitan culinary experience
- Private arrival and departure airport transfers
- Private land transfers as per itinerary
- Shared ferry transfers between Malta and Gozo Island
- All mentioned tours and sightseeing on a private basis with private driver and English-speaking local guides
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
- Flexible, personalized itinerary based on your interests
What's not Included
- International flights from your country of origin
- Tips or gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel staff
- Any meals, tours, or activities other than those specifically mentioned in itinerary
- Incidental local expenses - souvenirs, laundry, taxis, etc
- Visas for Malta. Your consultant will advise of any required visas and how to obtain them
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
Valletta: Welcome to Malta
Upon arrival at Malta’s airport, you’ll be met with a warm welcome with a private transfer provided to your hotel in the capital of Valletta where you’ll have the rest of the day to enjoy at your leisure, whether you want to relax after a long flight or venture out. The city was laid out in a grid pattern making it easy to explore, and just outside the City Gate, you’ll see one of its most famous landmarks, the Triton Fountain with three massive bronze Tritons ideal for a selfie. From here you can admire the enormous fortifications that have protected Valletta for over 450 years.
- Day 2
Valletta: Walking Tour
Valletta has a long, rich history that you’ll explore with your private guide. The walking tour will bring you through the capital city, a UNESCO World Heritage Site founded in 1566, to see many historical points of interest, including many sites along Republic Street, 16th-century St. John’s Cathedral, one of the finest examples of baroque architecture, and Manoel Theater which opened its doors in 1732, now one of Europe’s oldest still in operation. You’ll visit the series of halls in the Grandmaster’s Palace which includes a collection of remarkable medieval artifacts. Explore the National Museum of Archaeology and the National Library too.
- Day 3
Valletta: Private Cruise
An exciting day awaits that begins with a private transfer to the marina where you’ll hop on a yacht for a private cruise along the southern coast of Malta. The exact itinerary will be based on the current sea and weather conditions, but your experienced skipper will discuss it with you once you’re aboard. You might visit the crystal-clear bay of II Hofriet, framed by limestone cliffs, or St. Peter’s Pool, a cove with turquoise water perfect for a refreshing dip that would be challenging to reach on foot. Enjoy this enchanting paradise with a picnic that’s been supplied, complete with snacks, water, and prosecco.
- Day 4
Mdina: A Historical Adventure to the Catacombs and Bomb Shelters
Trace the connection between Malta, the Church, and World War II with your private driver/guide today, heading to Rabat to witness the earliest evidence of Christianity in Malta at St. Paul’s Catacombs. This massive complex with interconnected underground tombs and passageways ways was used through the 8th century. Visit the natural cave where St. Paul preached the word of God after being shipwrecked on the island in 60 AD, with hand-built shelters used in the war lying below. You’ll make your way through them for a glimpse of what the Maltese endured before continuing to the most iconic and largest church in Malta, the Mosta Dome.
Xara Palace HotelRead More
- Day 5
Mdina: Discover Mdina and Rabat
This morning your private guide will bring you to the ancient “silent city” of Mdina where humans have lived since at least 2500 BC. The former capital of Malta, it sits on a hilltop as one of the best examples of an ancient walled city in Europe, including an exceptional mix of baroque and medieval architecture. Walk through the baroque-style gate, marvel at grand historic palaces, and visit the 18th-century Mdina Cathedral with its dome that dominates the skyline. Head to adjacent Rabat where in 60 AD the apostle Paul was shipwrecked and lived for several months inside a cave, now called St. Paul’s Grotto.
- Day 6
Gozo Island: A Gozitan Culinary Experience
Take a private transfer to Gozo Island today which includes a short ferry ride. Once you’ve settled into your hotel, you’ll meet your private driver for a unique Gozitan culinary experience: the chance to eat and drink like a local. You’ll travel to the outskirts of Victoria to enjoy a three-course lunch at an authentic Gozitan eatery, featuring local, seasonal products that will be complemented by a tasting of four different Gozitan and Maltese wines. Afterward, you’ll be returned to your hotel with the afternoon enjoyed at your leisure, ideal for exploring, souvenir shopping, and dining on your own.
- Day 7
Gozo Island: Private Island Tour
Today you’ll embark on a private guided tour of picturesque Gozo island with your guide and driver. You’ll begin at the UNESCO-protected Ggantija Temple, which pre-dates Stonehenge and the Egyptian temples. After a thorough exploration, you’ll continue to a viewpoint high in the Nadur Hills, with fabulous views across Ramla Bay. A series of afternoon visits take you through the contrasting scenery of limestone caves, salt pans, and the spectacular landmark of Dwerja Bay, where you’ll enjoy a short boat ride. Finish the day with a walk through the atmospheric Citadel of Victoria, with its narrow alleyways and soaring hilltop Cathedral.
- Day 8
Having explored Malta in-depth over the past week, it’s time for your adventure to come to an end. After checking out of your hotel, your private driver/guide will transfer you to Malta International Airport with a total travel time of approximately 90 minutes, including the ferry ride back to the main island. If you’d like to combine this itinerary with another, extend your time in Malta, or enjoy further travels anywhere else, our travel experts will be happy to help. Otherwise, we wish you a safe journey and hope to see you again on another unforgettable trip.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED