Majestic Croatia & Montenegro Cruise and Land Tour
- Duration10 Nights
- StyleCruise & Land Tour
- When to GoMay - Oct
- Price GuideFrom $3,366 Per Person
At a Glance
- Private transfer to Split hotel with the remainder of the day at leisure
- Private transfer to your ship in Split’s harbor
- Guided walking tour of Split
- Welcome Cocktail Reception & Dinner
- Guided walking tour of Trogir
- Swim stop at world-famous Zlatni Rat beach
- Wine tasting experience at a family-run winery
- Explore Vis independently
- OPTIONAL: Guided tour of the Blue Cave
- Guided walking tour of Old Town Korcula
Mljet & Slano/Ston
- Entrance to Mljet National Park
- Fresh oyster and mussel tasting in Ston
- Captain’s Dinner
- Guided walking tour of Old City Dubrovnik
Kotor & Budva, Montenegro
- Wine tasting at a family-run winery en route to Kotor
- Private guided walking tours of Budva & Kotor’s medieval quarter
- Private departure transfer to Dubrovnik hotel or the airport
Meet Our Expert
Although I was born in Zambia, and raised in Zimbabwe (two land-locked countries), I am very passionate about travel on the sea. I’ve cruised extensively on luxury small ships and ocean liners around the world – I look forward to sharing my experiences with you.
Our Cruise Ships
An elegant yacht-like vessel, the MS Phoenix is nearly new, built in 2021 providing affordable luxury for cruising the magnificent Croatian coast. With the ability to reach out-of-the-way ports and smaller harbors, her guests can expect a more authentic experience with a smaller group of typically like-minded passengers. She offers 18 spacious, air-conditioned cabins that are all en-suite and include upscale amenities like LCD TVs, with windows or large portholes for watching the passing scenery.
MayMay 03, 2024May 17, 2024May 31, 2024
JuneJun 14, 2024Jun 28, 2024
JulyJul 12, 2024Jul 26, 2024
AugustAug 09, 2024Aug 23, 2024
SeptemberSep 06, 2024Sep 20, 2024
OctoberOct 04, 2024
- 1 night B&B style accommodation in Split
- 7-night cruise from Split to Dubrovnik in your choice of cabin
- Private transfers to and from airports, hotels and the ship
- 2 nights B&B style accommodation in Kotor, Montenegro
- Daily buffet breakfast and three course set lunch on board the cruise
- 3-course Welcome Dinner of the first night of the cruise
- 3-course Captain’s Dinner with live entertainment
- Complimentary fresh fruit, coffee, tea and filtered water available throughout the cruise
- Expert-led tours through Dubrovnik, Korcula, Trogir and Split
- Wine tasting at a family-run winery on Hvar
- Visit to an oyster farm for a mussel and oyster tasting
- Admission fees to Mljet National Park
- Daily swim stops on the cruise
- One-way bus transfer from Dubrovnik Port for sightseeing in the Old City
- Dedicated English-speaking cruise manager throughout the cruise
- Private wine tasting at Savina Winery in Montenegro
- Private guided tour of Kotor, Saint Stefan & Budvar in Montenegro
- Complimentary onboard Wi-Fi
- Daily cabin service
- Baggage handling
What's not Included
- International flights from your country of origin
- Any meals, tours, or activities other than those specifically mentioned in itinerary
- Entrance to the Blue Cave
- Incidental local expenses - souvenirs, laundry, taxis, etc
- Visas for Croatia. Your consultant will advise of any required visas and how to obtain them
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip
- Port taxes - please refer to your quote
- Price based on double occupancy in a double or twin room. Single Supplement in lower deck cabins of 60-80%
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
Upon arrival to Split, you’ll be met by your driver for a private transfer from the airport to your hotel. After getting settled in, the remainder of the day is yours to rest, relax, or enjoy a preview of the city. There are lots of interesting shops and galleries throughout the historic center, with many of the buildings in Diocletian’s Palace now housing them, making it fun to explore the maze of streets and alleyways. A great way to kick off your trip is to climb the bell tower at the St. Domnius Cathedral for a jaw-dropping 360-degree view of the city, sea, and islands nearby.
- Day 2
Get ready to start the cruising portion of your trip, taking a private transfer to the port this morning. Our friendly crew will be happy to stow your bags if you arrive before your cabin is ready at 1 pm. Head into the historic center with an expert local guide for a walking tour that reveals the stories behind the magnificent sights, including the many architectural wonders that have managed to remain well-preserved for centuries. Return to the ship in time to prepare for the Welcome Cocktail Reception with dinner that starts at 7 pm.
Guided walking tour of Split
Breakfast & Welcome dinner with cocktail
- Day 3
Today, we’ll sail to nearby Trogir with its medieval Old Town a UNESCO-listed site. It’s like an open-air museum, with parts of its defensive walls still intact. Take a stroll on the promenade to view the 15th-century Kamerlengo Castle/Fortress and visit landmarks like the 13th-century Romanesque-Gothic St. Lawrence Cathedral, the Romanesque Cisco Palace, and City Hall.
Guided walking tour of Trogir
Breakfast & Lunch
- Day 4
We’ll sail to the first island on our itinerary, Brac, stopping at Bol Town. While the village itself offers plenty of charms as a great place to enjoy a cup of coffee, you can head to one of the most beautiful beaches in all of Europe nearby for a memorable swim in dreamy crystal-clear blue waters that surround the beach on three sides. Once back on board, we’ll cruise to Hvar with its yacht-filled harbor revealing the high numbers of international jet setters who visit. You’ll enjoy a wine-tasting experience in the small town of Jelsa before time on your own in Hvar Town.
Wine tasting tour on Hvar Island
Breakfast & Lunch
- Day 5
Pakleni Islands & Vis
Today we sail to the peaceful island of Vis, famed for its seclusion and isolation. To get to Vis we sail through the beautiful Pakleni island archipelago which is known for its stunning secluded bays with crystal clear water. Our captain will dock in one of these bays giving the guests an extended swim stop and time to snorkel or use the various water toys on the yacht. We will arrive in Vis in the mid-afternoon. Vis was once a strategic Yugoslav naval base and off-limits to visitors. Due to the island’s seclusion and isolation, Vis has retained a very unique charm that typifies ‘the Mediterranean as it once was’. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure.
Breakfast & Lunch
- Day 6
Blue Cave & Korcula
A highlight on the itinerary is up next, a visit to the Blue Cave on the little island of Bisevo. Please note that entry to the Blue Cave is subject to weather and sea conditions, and the entrance fee is payable on the day. You’ll hop in a small boat to enter the sea grotto and experience the magic that occurs when the sun’s rays beam through a crack in the roof, reflecting on the white sea bottom to illuminate it in an ethereal blue glow. Continuing cruising to Korcula. Upon arrival, a local guide will reveal what’s beyond the stone walls surrounding the Old Town, including St. Mark’s Cathedral with its Venetian winged lion, and many other centuries-old buildings that line the streets in a fishbone shape.
Blue Cave (entrance fee payable locally)
Guided walking tour of Korcula
Breakfast & Lunch
- Day 7
Mljet & Slano/Ston
We continue our travels by heading to Mljet, one of the country’s greenest and most captivating islands, much of it covered by dense pine forest. You’ll visit its national park, strolling around the shorelines of two saltwater lakes in brilliant shades of blue and green. Afterward, we sail to Slano, a coastal mainland town that serves as the gateway to Ston, another fortified village. Enjoy a short walk to an oyster farm where you’ll learn how shellfish are harvested and enjoy a fresh tasting. This evening, join us for the Captain’s Dinner on board.
Oyster & Mussel tasting
Breakfast, Lunch & Captain’s Dinner
- Day 8
As there’s so much to see and do in Dubrovnik, we’ll conclude our cruise with an early departure to the medieval city, sailing around the massive walls before docking. Upon arrival, join a local guide for an intriguing tour of the pedestrianized historic center and its ancient buildings, most of which are still standing as they were when it was the old Dubrovnik Republic. Gaze up at magnificent gothic- and Renaissance-style palaces among other landmarks before strolling atop the Dubrovnik City Walls, with your admission included. The view is impressive – continue gazing out at it with dinner in a rooftop restaurant at your leisure.
Guided walking tour of Dubrovnik
Breakfast & Lunch
- Day 9
With your one-week cruise ending this morning after fueling up with breakfast on board, you’ll begin the next part of your adventure. After goodbyes to the captain, crew, and new friends made, your private driver will pick you up for transfer to Kotor in Montenegro, a scenic two-hour drive away. Enjoy the gorgeous views as you make your way to the UNESCO-listed Old City, surrounded by walls that are approximately 2.5 miles in length. A fun experience will be enjoyed en route, a tasting at a family-run winery of its reds and whites, complemented with light bites and a spectacular bay view.
Private wine tasting at a family-run winery en route to Kotor
- Day 10
Saint Sefan, Budva & Kotor, Montenegro
Explore more of beautiful Montenegro this morning, starting with a boat ride to Saint Stefan, a small fishing village transformed into a luxurious resort. Your next destination is ancient Budva, one of the Balkan Peninsula’s oldest settlements. You’ll enjoy a guided walking tour followed by time on your own to shop, explore, and have lunch. After returning to Kotor, you’ll join a local guide for a walking tour of the medieval quarter with its streets lined with magnificent Renaissance-style buildings and a lively market. You can take a transfer to your hotel afterward or spend more time exploring independently, returning to your accommodation on your own.
Private guided walking tours of Budva & Kotor’s medieval quarter
- Day 11
This incredible adventure comes to an end this morning, having experienced many of Croatia’s highlights along with popular Montenegro sites, likely with many photos captured along the way. Departing from Kotor, a private transfer will bring you back to Dubrovnik to catch your flight at the airport for further travel or a return journey home. Should you need any assistance, our staff is here to help, otherwise, we look forward to seeing you again on another unforgettable trip.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED