Luxury Peru Honeymoon
- Duration8 Nights
- StylePrivate Tour
- When to GoYear round
- Price GuideFrom $3,707 Per Person
At a Glance
- Private airport transfer to your hotel in Lima with the afternoon at leisure
- Private City Tour including the Larco Museum, Casa Aliaga & the Main Square
- Enjoy a Dinner at a renowned restaurant offering contemporary Peruvian cuisine
- Private transfer back to Lima Airport
- Fly from Lima to Cusco
- Private transfer from Cusco Airport to the Sacred Valley with a stop at the Living Museum of Yuca
- Spend your first afternoon in the Sacred Valley exploring at your leisure
- Private Tour of the Sacred Valley incl the archaeological site of Moray & the salt ponds at Maras
- Private Transfer from your Sacred Valley hotel to the Train Station
- Take the Vistadome train to Aguas Calientes
- Private Tour of Machu Picchu including Main Square, the Royal Quarters & the Sacred Sun Dial
- Spend your second morning exploring at your leisure
- Private afternoon transfer to the Station to board the Vistadome Train Back to Cusco
- Private transfer from Cusco Train Station to your city hotel
- Enjoy an Italian Meal in Cusco's Old Town
- Private Horseback riding Tour to the rural outskirts of Cusco
- Private City Tour including the Santo Domingo Convent & Plaza de Armas
- OPTIONAL: Helicopter flight over the Sacred Valley
- OPTIONAL: Chocolate & Coffee Tour
- OPTIONAL: Peruvian Cooking Class
- Private Transfer back to Cusco Airport for your onward flight
Meet Our Expert
Latin America Specialist
My love for South America started when I was living in Lima, Peru, and family and friends came to visit. That year I went to Machu Picchu 5 times! I do not have one drop of Latin blood in me, which is painfully obvious if you see me dance, and yet without realizing it for the past 15 years South America has been my home.
- 8 nights in 4 or 5-star accommodation
- Daily breakfast at all hotels
- All mentioned airport transfers and road transport on a private basis in Air Conditioned vehicles
- All mentioned tours and sightseeing on a private basis with private driver and English-speaking local guides
- Vistadome Train from the Cusco to Machu Picchu and vice versa
- Entrance fees for any mentioned sightseeing, permits, local taxes, etc
- All mentioned regional flights in economy class, inclusive minimum 20kg per person checked baggage
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
- Flexible, personalized itinerary based on your interests
What's not Included
- International flights from your country of origin
- Tips or gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel staff
- Any meals, tours, or activities other than those specifically mentioned in itinerary
- Incidental local expenses - souvenirs, laundry, taxis, etc
- Visas for Peru. Your consultant will advise of any required visas and how to obtain them.
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip.
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
Welcome to Peru! On arrival at Lima Airport, you will be met by your driver who will assist you with anything you need before transferring you to your hotel in Lima.
Lima is the capital and the largest city in Peru, it is a mix of historic colonial architecture and the sprawl of a modern city. It has also become the gastronomic capital of South America and the perfect place to try Peruvian specialities like ceviche, the national dish of Peru, which is raw fish marinated in citrus juice.
- Day 2
Lima City Tour
Today you will meet your guide for a tour of Lima’s old town. The area is a UNESCO World Heritage site as it is full of historical buildings reflecting the cities colonial past. You will start with a visit to the Larco Museum in the Pueblo Libre district of the city. The museum has an extensive collection of pre-Hispanic objects. You will then visit Casa Aliaga which is a magnificent mansion built in 1535 by the conquistador Francisco Pizarro. Your guide will then take you to the Main Square which is surrounded by the architecture of the Spanish Empire and the 16th Century Cathedral.
This evening you will enjoy high-end dinner at a renowned restaurant which offers a tasting dinner with a focus on contemporary Peruvian cuisine.
- Day 3
This morning you will check out of your hotel and your driver will meet you to transfer you to the airport. You will board a flight to Cusco, the former capital city of the Inca Empire. When the Spanish conquered Cusco in the 16th century, they preserved a great deal of the Inca city. The Spanish built Baroque churches and palaces around the Incan ruins and on top of them.
Your guide will stop at the Living Museum of Yucay where you can see demonstrations of the textile work and pottery used by the ancestors. The museum is also home to llamas and alpacas which you can feed. You will then continue to your hotel where you will have the rest of the day free to explore the Scared Valley.
- Day 4
Today you will meet your guide for a day in the Sacred Valley. You will start your touring at the archaeological site of Moray, located on a high plateau outside of Cusco. No one knows the purpose of this Inca site, but the circular terraces create a temperature difference of as much as 15c between the top and bottom. One theory is that it was for agriculture and an early attempt at a greenhouse.
The tour will continue to Maras which is known for its salt evaporation ponds. Thousands of salt ponds have been harvested since the Incan times, salt was a very important mineral and generated considerable amounts of revenue for the imperial economy. You will then enjoy a traditional lunch before returning to your hotel.
- Day 5
This morning you will be transferred to the train station to board a train for Aguas Calientes which is the nearest town to Machu Picchu. Machu Picchu is known as ‘The Lost City of the Incas’ and was built in 1450 by Emperor Pachacuti as his holiday retreat in the mountains. Just a century later Machu Picchu was abandoned due to the Spanish conquest. The Spanish never found Machu Picchu so it was not destroyed like many other Incan sites. The jungle encroached on the city hiding it from view and it remained undiscovered until 1911.
You will have a guided tour explaining the history of the site and its major landmarks; the monumental Main Square, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, the Circular Towers, the Sacred Sun Dial, and the Burial Grounds. You will then return to Aguas Calientes for lunch and an afternoon at leisure.
- Day 6
Machu Picchu & Cusco
Today is a free day, you can wake up early to spend another morning at Machu Picchu. We recommend you go to the Huayna Picchu with is 360 meters above Machu Picchu and offers spectacular views. You can also visit the Inca bridge, a secret military road that controlled access to Machu Picchu.
In the afternoon you will return to the train station and travel back to Cusco. On arrival into Cusco train station, you will be met by your driver and transferred to your hotel. Tonight you will enjoy an Italian dinner in the old town of Cusco.
- Day 7
Today you will start with a gentle horseback ride through the rural outskirts of Cusco. You will ride through the fields and through the small villages. The perfect way to experience the local way of life. In the afternoon you will set out on a walking tour of Cusco Town. Your tour will start at the Santo Domingo Convent the Spanish built over the Inca Coricancha Temple, the foundations of the Inca temple are still visible today. You will then proceed to the Main Square, the Plaza de Armas to view the Cathedral. Finally, you will visit the market of San Pedro, this famous food market will give you the opportunity to try the local produce. The area is known for its chocolate and cheese production!
- Day 8
Free Day Cusco
Today is a free day, you can relax in Cusco or do one of the many optional activities:
Take a helicopter flight over the Sacred Valley A guided day learning about coffee and chocolate Join a cooking class to learn how to prepare traditional Peruvian dishes Take a day trip to see the color mountain range of Palcoyo
Your consultant will be able to discuss this with you in more detail.
- Day 9
Today you will have breakfast and check out of your hotel before your driver transfers you to Cusco Airport for your flight home.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED