Ljubljana, Castles and Lakes
- Duration5 Nights
- StylePrivate Tour
- When to GoApr - Oct
- Price GuideFrom $2,505 Per Person
At a Glance
- Private transfer to hotel in Ljubljana. Free time to explore
- Private guided tour of Ljubljana including the unique Triple Bridge, Robba’s Fountain and the baroque-style Town Hall
- Private full day tour of Postojna Caves, Predjama Castle & Lipica Equestrian Center
- Private tansfer to Bled with a private tour of Lake Bled and hike
- Private full day tour of the Bled countryside with lunch
- Private departure transfer back to Ljubljana Airport
Meet Our Expert
- 5 nights 4 or 5 star hotel accommodation
- Daily breakfast at all hotels
- Private airport departure and arrival transfers
- Private transfers as per itinerary
- All mentioned tours and sightseeing on a private basis with private driver and English-speaking local guides
- Lunch included on day tour of the Bled countryside
- Entrance fees to the Alpine Dairy Museum, cable car ride to Ljubljana Castle, Ljubljana Castle Tower and the Virtual Museum
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
- Flexible, personalized itinerary based on your interests
What's not Included
- International flights from your country of origin
- Tips or gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel staff
- Any meals, tours, or activities other than those specifically mentioned in itinerary
- Incidental local expenses - souvenirs, laundry, taxis, etc
- Visas for Slovenia. Your consultant will advise of any required visas and how to obtain them
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
Ljubljana: Arrival into Ljubljana, Slovenia
Welcome to Slovenia! Yocubou’ll land at Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport where your private driver will meet you for transfer to your hotel in the city. After checking in, you’ll have the rest of the day to relax or explore at your leisure. While you’ll take a walking tour through the capital tomorrow, you might want to get a preview, stretching your legs with a leisurely stroll. Nestled in an alpine valley along the Ljubljanica River, it’s especially picturesque with cobbled streets jam-packed with baroque architecture, trendy cafes, art galleries, and museums. Consider dining at a restaurant within the walls of Ljubljana Castle.
- Day 2
Ljubljana: Guided Ljubljana Walking Tour
Meet our local guide this morning for a private walking tour that will bring you to see the highlights of Ljubljana’s medieval Old Town. You’ll stroll through the open-air market, and witness the unique Triple Bridge, Robba’s Fountain, and the baroque-style Town Hall while learning about the sights and the history behind them from your expert guide. A visit to Ljubljana Castle, the Virtual Museum, and the Ljubljana Castle Tower which offers impressive views of the city and well beyond is included as well. This evening we recommend trying the signature Slovenian dish called struklji. These rolled dumplings have been served here since the 16th century.
- Day 3
Ljubljana: Postojna Caves, Predjama Castle & Lipica Equestrian Center
Today a full-day private tour will bring you to the Postojna Caves, Predjama Castle, and Lipica Equestrian Center. Your first stop is Europe’s largest show caves, Postojna, a nearly 12.5-mile complex of beautifully sculpted galleries, stalactites and stalagmites, chambers, and halls. End by viewing the rare olm, Proteus anguinus, a unique salamander-like creature that lives in the country’s karst caves. Next is the Renaissance Predjama Castle, built right inside a cave in the picturesque village of Predjama. Finally, you’ll take a walking tour of the famous Lipica Equestrian Center, led by a local guide, and enjoy a performance by the Lipizzan horses.
- Day 4
Bled: Private Guided Bled Tour & Hike
As you check out of your hotel this morning, you’ll be met by your private driver for transfer to Bled. After getting settled into your hotel, you’ll meet another private driver/guide for a half-day tour of Bled followed by a hike in the magnificent Vintgar Gorge. It begins with a walking tour around beautiful Lake Bled and the thousand-year-old town. Afterward, you’ll travel by car to Vintgar Gorge, where the Radovna River with its rapids, pools, and waterfalls flows through. Follow the trail over wooden bridges, ending at a bridge that provides a spectacular view of the 53-foot-tall Sum waterfall.
- Day 5
Bled: Full Day Private Tour of the Bled Countryside
Venturing out into the Bled countryside, you’ll join your driver/guide for a private tour that begins by visiting beautiful Lake Bohinj in the Bohinj Valley of the Julian Alps. Next, you’ll explore the Alpine Dairy Museum, housed inside a former cheese dairy in Stara Fuzina to learn about the area’s dairy production. A stop will be made at the cheese factory store so that you can purchase some of the local dairy products too. Enjoy lunch before traveling back toward Bled, stopping to meet an organic beekeeper at an over-60-year-old apiary. You’ll discover how honey is produced and enjoy a honey tasting too.
- Day 6
After five nights exploring Slovenia, your tour comes to an end this morning. Your private driver will pick you up at your accommodation for transfer from Bled to Ljubljana. You can be dropped off at the airport or a local hotel if you’ve decided to stick around longer. With so many fantastic destinations nearby, it’s easy to extend your trip by contacting our travel experts. Perhaps Croatia?
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED