Lakes, Alps and Sights of Slovenia
- Duration6 Nights
- When to GoApr - Oct
- Price GuideFrom $2,439 Per Person
At a Glance
- Pick up your rental car and drive to your accommodation in Ljubljana. Free time to explore the city
- Drive to lake Bled. Hike in Vintgar Gorge and visit Bled Castle
- Take a trip to Lake Bohinj in Triglav National Park
- Drive through the scenic Julian Alps to Bovec in Soča Valley
- Drive south along the Soča River. Stop in Kobaridto visit the World War I Museum before continuing to Goriška Brda wine country
- Drive to the Skocjan Caves before continuing to Piran on the Adriatic coast. Free time to explore its Venetian-style architecture and Old City walls
- Spend a little more time exploring Piran before driving around 90 minutes back to Ljubljana. Drop off your rental car and catch your onward flight
Meet Our Expert
- 6 nights in 4 or 5 star hotel accommodation
- Daily breakfast at all hotels
- Rental car throughout the trip
- Rental car pick up and drop off at Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
- Flexible, personalized itinerary based on your interests
What's not Included
- International flights from your country of origin
- Tips or gratuities
- Acitivies mentioned in the itinerary are suggestions and not included
- Incidental local expenses - souvenirs, laundry, taxis, etc
- Visas for Slovenia. Your consultant will advise of any required visas and how to obtain them
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
Ljubljana: Arrival into Ljubljana, Slovenia
After landing at Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport, pick up your rental car and drive to your accommodation in the city, about a 20-minute drive south. After getting settled in, stretch your legs by heading out to explore. You might want to begin with a visit to Ljubljana Castle, with its tower offering a spectacular view over the city and beyond. While you stroll the streets, you’ll be surrounded by baroque architecture, while the Ljubljanica River runs right along the main street. There are many stalls at the Central Market for sampling local fare, along with enticing boutiques and outdoor cafes.
- Day 2
Bled: Explore Lake Bled
Saying farewell to Ljubljana, journey to Lake Bled, a vision with sapphire waters, a tiny islet with a church and a stunning mountain backdrop. Explore the scenery, including cascading falls, by hiking the pathways in Vintgar Gorge and then visit Bled Castle. You can climb up to tour its wine cellar and then enjoy traditional cuisine in the restaurant. Many visitors choose to rent a small boat and row across the still water to visit the church, climbing the 99 steps where legend tells, if you ring the bell your wishes will be granted. Afterwards, some of the famous Bled cream cake in town.
- Day 3
Bled: Lake Bohinj Day Trip
Spend the day enjoying nearby Lake Bohinj in the Julian Alps, part of Triglav National Park. This outdoor lover’s paradise offers kayaking, paddle boarding, canoeing, swimming and hiking with miles and miles of trails to choose from. Mostnica Gorge is one of the most popular treks, about a 7.5-mile hike round trip that takes approximately 3.5 hours. If that’s too much, you can still enjoy picturesque views by hiking along part of the gorge. For a breathtaking view of the Julian Alps without the effort, take the cable car up to Vogel where you’ll also escape the crowds and summer’s heat.
- Day 4
Bovec: Scenic Drive Through the Julian Alps
Checking out of your Bled hotel, embark on a jaw-dropping drive through the central Julian Alps, crossing the country’s highest pass. As you travel the winding road, marvel at the limestone walls and take a number of possible detours for scenic hikes in varying lengths, including paths built by Russian prisoners of war, revealing the area’s history. Stop for a traditional alpine lunch with a beautiful mountain view in a cozy hut before continuing your drive to the Soča Valley. It offers hidden treasures like river gorges and World War I forts, as well as being home to Bovec, your destination for the night.
Hotel Dobra Vila BovecRead More
- Day 5
Goriška Brda: Fun on the Soca River
Enjoy breakfast before travelling south to discover some of the most captivating spots along the Soca River. It brings opportunities to swim in serene pools, raft, or hike alongside it. Either way, you’ll enjoy the intense aquamarine hue of the water that makes for postcard-perfect photos. In Kobarid you can visit the World War I Museum to learn about the war’s history here and its influence before continuing to Goriška Brda wine country. You can meet the winemakers in this Tuscan-like area filled with family vineyard estates and take in a stunning view from the Gonjace Viewing Tower from the Alps to the sea.
Hotel GredicRead More
- Day 6
Piran: Skocjan Caves and the Coast
Today you’ll discover more magnificent Slovenian beauty in the karst region and along the coast. Begin at the unique Skocjan Caves that look as if they could be the ultimate villains’ lair. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, you’ll follow the boardwalks through this remarkable ecosystem complete with bridges and underground rivers that’s believed to have fascinated humans since the Iron Age. Afterwards, continue toward the Adriatic coast to lovely seaside Piran with its Venetian-style architecture and Old City walls. Stroll the pretty narrow streets, relax in the squares, soak up the sun on a pebbly beach and dine on fresh seafood.
Hotel PiranRead More
- Day 7
Having witnessed rich history, awe-inspiring scenery, castles, caves and beaches, your six-night tour comes to an end this morning. Savor your last moments in Slovenia with one last stroll through Piran or by relaxing on the beach before driving to Ljubljana, 90 minutes away, to catch your return flight home.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED