Kenya’s Masai Mara
- Duration7 nights
- When to GoJun - Mar
- Price GuideFrom $7,284 Per Person
At A Glance
- Meet and greet in Nairobi, and transferred to your hotel
- Optional activities include a visit to the Sheldrick orphanage and giraffe center
Masai Mara National Reserve
- Fly from Nairobi to the Masai Mara in a light aircraft plane
- Meet your safari guide on landing in the bush airstrip, and begin your safari
- Enjoy three days of safaris in the Masai Mara National Reserve, with shared game drives
Masai Mara Conservancies
- Via a game drive, transfer to a conservancy further north
- Opportunities here for day and night game drives, and bush walks
- Enjoy sundowners and bush breakfasts on a shared basis
Meet Our Expert
Gemma D Souza
With family roots in Kenya, it became a continent I have naturally gravitated towards. I’ve traveled extensively around East and Southern, working with luxury camps, guides, and rangers for over eight years. I am enthralled by Africa and would happily talk about this diverse continent’s wildlife, cultures and experiences all day, every day.
- 6 nights of luxury safari accommodation on a full board basis
- 1 night in Nairobi pre or post safari
- All internal flights (Cessna Caravan planes)
- Private transfers and meet and greet at each airstrip
- All game viewing activities on a shared basis
- All park fees and airstrip transfers
- Expert trip planning advice
What's not Included
- As we have clients from all over the world. Our itineraries do not include international flights.
- Gratuities for local guides
- We strongly advise all guests purchase comprehensive travel insurance
- Visas if required
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
You will be met on arrival in Kenya’s capital and transferred to a hotel in Nairobi. We have a variety of hotels we recommend, one being Ole Sereni which offers a comfortable stay in Nairobi, with great accessibility to both the international and internal airports.
- Days 2 - 4
Masai Mara National Reserve
You will be transferred to the domestic airport in time for your light aircraft flight into the Masai Mara. This flight is approximately 60-90 minutes and you will have stunning views from above. As you land on the airstrip, you will be met by your private guide and your safari will begin! You’ll spend the next 3 nights at Basecamp, enjoying a morning and afternoon game drive in the Masai Mara Reserve.
A day on safari starts very early – around 5.30-6am with a wake up call and a fresh cup of tea or coffee brought to your room. You head out on game drive from around 6-11am. You then spend the middle part of the day in camp, enjoying a delicious lunch, a relax or siesta at Basecamp. You will then head out again on an afternoon game drive from around 4-7.30pm, before sundowner drinks and dinner.
- Days 5 - 7
Masai Mara - Conservancy
Today you will transfer to another area of the Masai Mara which will be the Naboisho Conservancy further north. Enjoy morning and afternoon game drives with the guides at the sister camp, Basecamp Eagle View. The main draw to this location is that it is more exclusive. Only guests who are staying in the Naboisho Conservancy are able to game drive here.
- Day 8
This morning you will enjoy a leisurely breakfast in camp before heading to the airstrip. You’ll then fly back to Nairobi, where you can enjoy a day room at a hotel in the city, or go straight to the international airport to fly home!
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED