Kenya Safari & Zanzibar Island
- Duration13 Nights
- When to GoJun - Mar
- Price GuideFrom $11,559 Per Person
At A Glance
- Meet and greet in Nairobi, and transferred to your hotel
- Optional activities include a visit to the Sheldrick orphanage and giraffe center
- Fly from Nairobi to the central plains in Kenya - the Laikipia Plateau
- Enjoy a wealth of safari activities including walking safaris and night drives
- Visit the anti-poaching K9 unit and ranger team
- Fly from the Laikipia Plateau to the Masai Mara in a light aircraft plane
- Meet your safari guide on landing in the bush airstrip, and begin your safari
- Two game drives per day on a shared basis, in open-sided jeeps
- Fly from the Masai Mara to Zanzibar, off the eastern coast of Tanzania
- Spend 5 nights in a luxury hotel on the white-sand beaches
- Opportunity for watersports, dhow sunset trips and much more
Meet Our Expert
Gemma D Souza
With family roots in Kenya, it became a continent I have naturally gravitated towards. I’ve traveled extensively around East and Southern, working with luxury camps, guides, and rangers for over eight years. I am enthralled by Africa and would happily talk about this diverse continent’s wildlife, cultures and experiences all day, every day.
- 3 nights on safari in the Laikipia Plateau
- 4 nights on safari in Kenya's Masai Mara on an all-inclusive basis
- Two safari activities per day on a shared basis
- Nairobi accommodation includes breakfast
- Full board on safari & shared game viewing activities
- 5 nights in a luxury hotel in Zanzibar Island
- Internal flights as detailed in the itinerary
What's not Included
- As we have clients from all over the world. Our itineraries do not include flights.
- The flight between Nairobi and Zanzibar
- Any premium brands or drinks not included
- Gratuities for local guides
- We strongly advise all guests purchase comprehensive travel insurance
- Visas if required
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
On arrival into Nairobi you will be met and transferred to your hotel to rest after your flight. This afternoon we would suggest you take a trip to the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage and the Giraffe Centre. At the elephant orphanage you can watch the elephants have a milk feed and a mud bath. The keepers will give a talk about the work they do and the stories of the different orphans in their care. At the Giraffe Centre you can feed the giraffes and learn more about them.
- Days 2 - 4
This morning you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to the Laikpia, located in central Kenya. This area is famed for its expansive views and unique safari experiences. Unlike many other safari destinations where game drives are the other activity offered, the Laikipa Plataeu offers a wealth of activities including bush walks, night drives, horse riding, camel rides, and sleepouts. They also have a team of anti-poaching rangers and a sniffer-dog team that you can go and visit, to learn about the efforts involved with protecting the wildlife. Here, the game viewing is not as dense as other parks in the country, but the sightings are so special and exclusive, with likey not another vehicle in sight.
- Days 5 - 8
Masai Mara National Park
Today you will be transferred to the Masai Mara, one of the most iconic wildlife destinations in Africa. You will stay in a family-friendly lodge with a pool and rangers who cater for the needs of children on safari. There is also the opportunity to meet the local Maasai Tribes, learn about their lives and for kids to throw spears and jump like a true Maasai. You’ll spend the next four nights here on safari, with game drives every morning and afternoon on a shared basis. These will be in open-sided safari jeeps, and you’ll be guided at all times. The Mara is home to a wealth of wildlife, including hippo, elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard, cheetah, crocodile, giraffe, and a host of antelope, birdlife and much more.
- Days 9 - 13
This morning you will have a game drive early morning, heading to the bush airstrip after. You’ll say goodbye to your safari guide, and leave behind the memories of the bush. You’ll fly to Nairobi, and then onwards to Zanzibar Island. Spend 5 nights here in a luxury hotel on the idyllic white-sand beaches. This paradise island is off the coast of Tanzania’s east coast, and is renowned for its beautiful beaches and spice plantations. The capital of the island is called Stone Town, and it’s full of history, culture and beautiful architecture. As a result, it’s classified a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, and we highly recommend exploring this town for a day.
- Day 14
This morning, after breakfast, you will check out and your driver will transfer you to the airport. You will then fly back to Nairobi for your onward flight connections.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED