- Duration 10 Nights
- When to GoJun - Mar
- Price GuideFrom $10,035 Per Person
At A Glance
- Private meet and greet service upon arrival into Nairobi
- Spend a night relaxing after your long-haul flight
- Additional activities include visiting the elephant orphanage and the giraffe centre
Ol Pejeta Conservancy
- Visit the two last northern white rhinos on Earth
- Meet the incredible rangers and rhino caretakers
- Enjoy your game drives on a shared basis, across the private conservnacy
Samburu National Reserve
- Fly from Ol Pejeta to the Samburu National Reserve in a light aircraft plane
- Experience this unique landscape in central Kenya by jeep or foot
- Experience many safari activities including horse riding, camel safaris, game drives and bush walks
- Fly from the Samburu National Reserve to the Masai Mara
- Enjoy two game drives per day on a shared basis
- Stay in a private conservancy for exclusive safari sightings
Meet Our Expert
Gemma D Souza
With family roots in Kenya, it became a continent I have naturally gravitated towards. I’ve traveled extensively around East and Southern, working with luxury camps, guides, and rangers for over eight years. I am enthralled by Africa and would happily talk about this diverse continent’s wildlife, cultures and experiences all day, every day.
- 9 nights luxury safari accommodation on a full board basis (including all meals and house drinks)
- Private transfers and guiding in Ol Pejeta Conservancy and Samburu National Park
- The light aircrafts around Kenya where applicable
- All park fees and transfers
- Shared game-viewing activities in the Masai Mara conservancies
- Expert safari planning
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
What's not Included
- As we have clients from all over the world. Our itineraries do not include flights.
- Any premium brands or drinks not included
- Gratuities for local guides
- We strongly advise all guests purchase comprehensive travel insurance
- Visas if required
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
You will be met at Nairobi’s international airport by your friendly guide who will welcome you to Kenya! After introductions have been made, you will transfer to Ole Sereni Hotel which is approximately a 30-minute drive, on the border of Nairobi National Park. The hotel is comfortable and has some great amenities like a rooftop bar, a gym and a rooftop swimming pool. Enjoy a dinner at one of the hotels restaurants and get an early evening – ready for your thrilling safari in the morning.
- Day 2 - 3
Ol Pejeta Conservancy
You will be met in the morning by your private driver/guide to begin your four-hour drive to the Ol Pejeta Conservancy. On route, you will pass the Nyeri region and breath-taking views of Mount Kenya. When you arrive in Ol Pejeta, you will settle into your camp before heading out on an afternoon game drive. You will also have the option to visit the engendered species enclosure. This is where the two last northern white rhinos are kept – named Fatu and Najin. After a thrilling day on safari, you will spend the night in Ol Pejeta Bush Camp which is a camp embodying the authentic East Africa experience.
The two days will give you an opportunity to experience the magical Ol Pejeta Conservancy. You will have two exhilarating days, with picnic lunches, coffee breaks under shady spots and sundowners overlooking scenic settings. The Ol Pejeta Bush Camp is the perfect place to be based for lunchtime siestas and cosy evenings. Situated on the banks of the Ewaso Ngiro River and with only eight tents, the camp is an authentic African experience, and the visit to the protected rhinos is world-class.
- Days 4 - 6
Samburu National Park
Have an early morning breakfast at Ol Pejeta Bush Camp before heading to your next destination. Your driver/guide will drive you to Samburu National Park which is approximately three hours away. This park is spectacular – it offers such diversity in its wildlife and landscape. The Samburu is most famous for the ‘Samburu Five’ which are unique species of animal, including the reticulated giraffe, the Somali ostrich, the Grevy’s zebra, the beisa oryx and the generuk. Your guide will try to spot all of these for you, as well as seeing elephant, giraffe, lion, hippo and many more species of wildlife.
You’ll spend three days on safari in the Samburu National Reserve and, as you will have a private guide and vehicle, you can do your safari at a pace that suits you. The camp you are staying in is Elephant Bedroom Camp, located on the banks of the Ewaso Ngiro River and with only 14 luxury rooms, it too offers an authentic safari experience. You will often see elephants drinking from the river banks as you have lunch or dinner in the camp, and see monkeys playing or drinking from your plunge pool when you’re relaxing in your room. Your day in Samburu would not be complete without sundowners and drinks around the campfire.
- Days 7 - 10
Masai Mara National Park
After a delicious breakfast at Elephant Bedroom Camp, you will be transferred to the airstrip to catch an internal flight to the Masai Mara National Park. This will be approximately 90 minutes, flying over iconic views of the Rift Valley and rolling hills and vast savannahs. On arrival, you will be met by a guide from your safari camp, and begin your game drive on route to the camp. Here, we have recommended you stay in a camp in the conservancies of the Masai Mara, north of the national reserve itself. This means that there is more flexibility with safari activities – you can do day and night drives, bush walks and fly camping. Spend four nights and days on safari here in the Masai Mara, with two game drives per day on a shared basis.
- Day 11
Enjoy your final morning in the bush – take in all of the smells, sounds, sights and feelings. Your guide will transfer you to the Mara North airstrip where you can get your last wildlife fix on route. After goodbyes are done, you will take an internal flight to Nairobi international airport where you will connect onto your international flights home.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED