Jordan for Families
- Duration8 Nights
- StylePrivate Tour
- When to GoSep - Nov & Mar - Jun
- Price GuideFrom $2,826 Per Person
At a Glance
- Private transfer to your Amman hotel with rest of the day at leisure
- Private Tour of Jerash including Hadrian’s Arch, the South & North gates & the Temple of Zeus
- Private transfer from Amman with stops at Mt Nebo, Madaba and Kerak Crusader Castle enroute
- Private Guided Tour of Petra, including the Treasury, rock homes and its many tombs and temples
- Day at leisure to further explore Petra
- Learn to created traditional Jordanian food in a Hands on Cooking Class
- Private Transfer from Petra
- Optional Camel Ride
- Enjoy a traditional Jordanian Meal under the stars
- Explore the rock formations of Wadi Rum on a Private Bedouin Style Jeep Tour
- Spend your time at leisure in the Dead Sea
Depart from Amman
- Private transfer from the Dead Sea to Amman's Queen Alia Airport
Meet Our Expert
Middle East Specialist
With visits to family in Jordan amongst my first travel experiences it’s no surprise that I’ve become fascinated by the history, culture, and vibrant local lifestyles of the Middle East. The combination of my passion for the region, and a decade plus working in the travel industry means I’m perfectly placed to curate your Middle East adventure.
- 8 nights in 4 or 5-star accommodation
- Daily breakfast at all hotels
- Half Board meals at your Wadi Rum hotel
- All mentioned airport transfers and road transport on a private basis in Air Conditioned minivans
- All mentioned tours and sightseeing on a private basis with an English-speaking driver / guide
- Entrance fees for any mentioned sightseeing, permits, local taxes, etc
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
- Flexible, personalized itinerary based on your interests
What's not Included
- International flights from your country of origin
- Tips or gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel staff
- Any meals, tours, or activities other than those specifically mentioned in itinerary
- Incidental local expenses - souvenirs, laundry, taxis, etc
- Visas for Jordan. These visas are obtained on arrival in to Jordan
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip.
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
Your family adventure through Jordan begins by landing in the capital city of Amman, one of the world’s oldest continuously inhabited cities. Upon your arrival, you’ll be welcomed by your private driver for transfer to your hotel. Enjoy the rest of the day relaxing after your long flight or exploring some of this modern city with numerous ancient ruins. The downtown area reveals Roman influences and hosts a number of temple ruins along with a dramatic Citadel. The Jabal Amman neighbourhood near the city center is a cultural hub with a bohemian atmosphere, filled with cafes, restaurants, shisha bars, bookshops and galleries.
- Day 2
Amman: Tour to Jerash
Your private guide will meet you at your accommodation this morning for a tour of the remarkably preserved Roman ruins in Jerash. This ruined city is the largest and most fascinating Roman site in the country. Founded around the 2nd-century BC, it was once an important imperial center, it features magnificent temples, theatres, colonnaded avenues and imposing gates that reveal just how significant it was. Jerash covers a huge area but your guide will help you navigate it while provide details about its history. The forum, Hadrian’s Arch, the South and North gates, the Temple of Zeus are just a few of the highlights.
- Day 3
Petra: Discover Iconic Sites on the Drive to Petra
As the drive to Petra is a long one, you’ll make stops along the way to explore some of the most significant sites, including 19th-century St. George Church in Madaba with its Christian mosaics, including flooring that represents that oldest map of Palestine in existence. Dating to 560 AD, it includes 157 captions that depict all the major biblical sites in the Middle East from Palestine to Egypt. Stop at Mt. Nebo where Moses is said to have seen the Promised Land, and the Crusader castle set on a dramatic hill, built in 1115 AD, before continuing to your Petra hotel.
- Day 4
Petra: Private Guided Petra Tour
You’ll have a full day to explore Petra, the ‘Lost City,’ heading out with a local guide. One of the most wondrous places, step into the shoes of characters like Indiana Jones. The Al Kazeneh temple served as the location of the Holy Grail in the third film. The ancient city is believed to have been built in the 1st-century BC and still holds secrets that have yet to be revealed. It includes homes, tombs, temples, altars, obelisks, and a theatre that once sat over 3,000 people. To date just 15 percent has been uncovered, with the rest untouched underground.
- Day 5
Petra: Day of Leisure & Hands-On Cooking Class
Enjoy the day exploring Petra at your own pace. By visiting early in the morning you might have the magnificent Treasury all to yourself. The Siq is the famous gorge that was formed when tectonic forces broke the mountain into two pieces. Walking through is a must, winding between the towering rock walls, anticipating that legendary view of the Treasury. Be sure to climb the 800 steps to the stunning Monastery carved right into the rock face in the 3rd-century BC. An experience this evening will allow you to take home a useful souvenir – a hands-on cooking class taught by a local chef.
- Day 6
Wadi Rum: Optional Camel Ride & Traditional Jordanian Meal
Leaving Petra today, an approximately two-hour drive will bring you to a Bedouin-style camp in Wadi Rum where you’ll spend the night next to a campfire under the stars. A crown jewel in this ancient desert, it features dramatic basalt and sandstone mountains that rise from the red sandy floor, fascinating rock art and an incredible night sky. Before getting relaxed and settled in you’ll have the option to ride a camel through this stunning desert scenery. A traditional Jordanian meal will be served this evening and then you’ll get to lay back and stare up at the brilliant star-filled desert sky.
- Day 7
Dead Sea: Traditional Bedouin-Style Jeep Tour
A thrilling tour taken in a traditional Bedouin-style Jeep will be enjoyed after breakfast this morning. You’ll explore the highlights of the region, including its remarkable rock formations, ancient rock art and craggy mountains, while learning about its history, which includes being a base for Lawrence of Arabia during the Arab revolt. After your tour, your private driver will bring you to the Dead Sea. Experts believe it could disappear over the next half-century as it’s already shrunk by a third over the last 40 years and it’s been sinking more than a foot every year, with time running out to experience it.
- Day 8
Dead Sea: Float in the Salty Dead Sea
Enjoy the day to yourself, taking advantage of the salty seawater – the Dead Sea contains 10 times more saline than seawater which causes people to float like corks while enjoying its therapeutic sea minerals. While there are spas where you can enjoy a treatment that includes the sea’s naturally healing ingredients, the nutrient-rich mud is right along the shore. Everyone in the family can have fun with this – all you do is cover yourself up with it, allow it to set on your skin and then take another dip in the sea to rinse off. Afterwards, your complexions will be glowing.
- Day 9
Your exciting family adventure in Jordan concludes this morning. After eight nights, you’re sure to have many memories and photos to bring home with you, and even some new cooking skills. Enjoy breakfast and then get ready to take private transfer back to the airport in Amman to catch your flight home.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED