- Duration9 Nights
- StylePrivate Tour
- When to GoOct - Apr
- Price GuideFrom $4,291 Per Person
At a Glance
- Fast-track arrival and private transfer to your hotel
- Guided tour of Old & New Delhi including Jama Masjid, Humayun's Tomb, Qutb Minar, and Lutyen’s Delh
- Fast train to Agra and private transfer to your hotel
- Guided tour of Agra Fort
- Sunset tour of the Taj Mahal
- Road transfer into rural Rajasthan, visiting Fatehpur Sikri en route
- Two-night stay at a converted Palace Fort
- Sunset boat ride & early morning village walk
- Further optional rural immersion activities
Ranthambhore National Park
- Road transfer to Ranthambore National Park
- 2x jeep drives in the national park, searching for tigers - and more
- Free time at boutique lodge accommodation, with further nature walks and cultural activities on offer
- Road transfer to Jaipur, Rajasthan’s regal capital
- Rajasthani cooking demonstration and dinner with a local family
- Guided tour of Jaipur including Amber Fort, the City Palace, Jantar Mantar, and Hawa Mahal
- Private transfer to Jaipur Airport for your onward flight
Meet Our Expert
I am totally captivated by Asia. Having lived in Singapore, Nepal, South Korea and Hong Kong, travelled extensively across all of our destinations in Asia, and worked in luxury travel for many years, curating exceptional trips comes naturally to me.
- 9 nights in 4-star hotel accommodation
- Daily breakfast included in Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur
- Breakfast and dinner included at Ramathra Fort and Ranthambore National Park
- Fast-track arrival service upon landing in Delhi
- Private road transport throughout in air-conditioned minivan
- Private English-speaking guides for all mentioned tours and activities
- 2x jeep safaris in Ranthambore National Park with English-speaking naturalist guide
- Fast train from Delhi to Agra in AC Chair Class
- Entrance fees for any mentioned sightseeing, permits, local taxes, etc
- Comprehensive final itinerary and travel app
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
- Flexible, personalized itinerary based on your interests
What's not Included
- E-visa for India costing $25 per person; can be obtained online before departure
- International flights from your country of origin
- Tips or gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel staff
- Any meals, tours, or activities other than those specifically mentioned in the itinerary
- Incidental local expenses - souvenirs, laundry, taxis, etc
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip.
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
Delhi: Fast-track arrival service and private transfer to your hotel
Welcome to Delhi! You’ll be met immediately off the plane and escorted through fast-track immigration, baggage, and customs formalities, ensuring your arrival in India is as seamless as possible. Then meet your private driver and an Unforgettable Travel local representative and be transferred to your hotel in the heart of New Delhi.
The rest of the day is spent at leisure to recover from the flight. However, should you wish to explore locally, the hotel is within walking distance of the Gandhi Museum (closed on a Monday) and a short auto ride from Khan Market, a local and expat hang-out, which is full of a variety of shops and restaurants, and Lodhi Gardens if you fancy stretching your legs. If you’d prefer to relax, there’s a swimming pool and a choice of restaurants.
- Day 2
Delhi: Immersive tour of Old & New Delhi
Your introduction to Delhi will be a busy but fascinating day. Visit Old Delhi, the beautiful Jama Masjid, one of the biggest mosques in Asia, visit Chandni Chowk and take a cycle rickshaw ride through the labyrinth of packed and seemingly chaotic streets. However, you will come to see that it’s not quite as disorderly as it appears, with streets organized into stores offering stationery, utensils, wedding items, and more.
New Delhi is in complete contrast, known for its colonial architecture and rubbing shoulders with cathedrals, gurudwaras, temples, and Mughal monuments. You’ll be taken to visit Humayun’s Tomb, the soaring Qutb Minar, and then enjoy a drive by India Gate and the New Parliament buildings.
Return to the hotel for the evening at leisure. There are lots of restaurants around to choose from. Or have dinner at the hotel for tomorrow’s early start.
- Day 3
Agra: Fast train to Agra; afternoon tour of Agra Fort & the Taj Mahal
Make an early start today with a transfer to Nizamuddin Station for the onward fast train to Agra. Our representative will see you onto the train for the two-and-a-half-hour journey speeding through rural Uttar Pradesh to Agra Cantanoment Station, where you’ll be met off the train and transferred to the hotel.
There will be an opportunity to freshen up before heading out for your afternoon sightseeing. Visit the extraordinary Agra Fort, which was the primary residence for the Mughal emperors until they shifted from Agra to Delhi in 1638. Afterward, head to the highlight of Agra: the Taj Mahal. Poetry in white marble, watch as the colors are reflected by the setting sun as the birds swoop and fly overhead on their way to roost for the evening. This is a magical time to visit this world-famous monument.
- Day 4
Ramathra Fort: Visit Fatehpur Sikri then road transfer into rural Rajasthan
After breakfast, your private driver will take you to Fatehpur Sikri, an architectural marvel built by Emperor Akbar. The finesse in the design and execution of this city shows his passion for fine art and literature and also his tolerant views as the whole town is a charming blend of Islamic and Hindu elements.
Then continue with your private driver to Ramathra Fort. The imposing Fort was built in a strategic position at the head of the valley – and used as a tax collection point. It has now been elegantly restored into a stunning boutique hotel, and from your elevated position, the views down over this remote, rural region are beautiful.
Arrive in time to settle in, have some light refreshments, and then head out for an evening boat ride on the lake. Your evening meal will be taken in the restaurant, or on the rooftop, time of year depending.
Ramathra FortRead More
- Day 5
Ramathra Fort: Free day to relax or explore the region
Today is spent at leisure at the beautiful Ramathra Fort. By leisure, we mean with no fixed agenda but there is a lot or as little to do here, as the mood takes you. You may take the opportunity to witness rural India at its best, take an early morning walk around the village with a local, or head out on a Jeep Safari in the surrounding countryside. There’s the river with temples and farmers and villagers, but also, as this area has been allowed to rewild, there’s the opportunity to site jungle cats, leopards, jackals, and wolves.
Alternatively, you can spend the day at leisure admiring the view, relaxing in the jacuzzi in the turret, or chatting to your hosts about life in rural Rajasthan before having a wonderful evening meal. This is offbeat Rajasthan at its most splendid.
- Day 6
Ranthambhore National Park: Road transfer to Ranthambore & dusk jeep drive
Enjoy a leisurely final morning amongst the peace and solitude of Ramathra Fort, after which you’ll be transferred to Ranthambhore National Park. Arrive in plenty of time to settle into a fine boutique hotel on the fringes of the national park, which is a successful rewilding story in its own right.
In the late afternoon, you’ll join a jeep safari through the national park searching for some of India’s extraordinary wildlife, led by an expert local naturalist.
- Day 7
Ranthambhore National Park: Early morning game drive, then day at leisure
Today is another fabulous day spent exploring the jungles of Ranthambhore. Early this morning, you join another game drive in the park in search of tigers and more. Safaris leave early in the morning and if you’re traveling in the winter months, remember to take your layers to keep you warm in the open-top vehicle. You will head out with a naturalist into the park who will delight in showcasing the variety of bird life and other wildlife while also keeping an eye out for the key predators.
Then, spend a leisurely lunchtime and afternoon back at the boutique lodge, with the opportunity to arrange another evening game drive, or partake in nature walks or village visits courtesy of the hotel.
- Day 8
Jaipur: Road transfer to Jaipur; evening cooking demo & dinner with local family
After breakfast, head off by road to the famed pink city of Jaipur, home to one of the most important royal families of the state, the capital of Rajasthan, and the gateway into the rest of this remarkable region.
In the afternoon, you can relax at your atmospheric Haveli hotel, or request a walking tour into the fascinating bazaars of the old city. In the evening, enjoy a cooking class at the hotel to learn a little about the unique Rajasthani cuisine, then settle down to an exquisite dinner.
- Day 9
Jaipur: Guided tour of Jaipur
Today, you will be joined by a private local guide to explore the fascinating sights of Jaipur. Begin at the incredible Amber Fort and marvel at its courtyard’s architecture and spectacular views; visit the City Palace, resplendent in artifacts and photos showcasing its royal past, an insight into how life used to be for the royals of Rajasthan. Also, visit the observatory, the largest in the world, which is still accurate to within a couple of minutes.
Drive by and have a photo stop at the Iconic Hawa Mahal or Palace of Winds. This beautiful facade allowed the ladies of the royal family who used to observe purdah to watch the proceedings and processions in the streets below without being seen. Take some time to explore the bazaars; Jaipur is a fun shopping destination famous for its block printing, blue pottery, jewelry, and much more.
- Day 10
Jaipur: Private departure transfer
Sadly, your adventures in India have come to an end. At the appropriate time your driver will escort you to Jaipur International Airport for your onward flight.
Please speak to your consultant to arrange extensions to this tour or further transport arrangements to facilitate your journey home.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2024 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED