Highlights of Greece Small Ship Cruise 2024
- Duration7 Nights
- StyleSmall Ship Cruise
- When to GoMay - Sep
- Price GuideFrom $3,354 Per Person
At a Glance
Athens & Kea
- Welcome Cocktail
- Sail to Kea with free time to explore Korrisia
Delos & Mykonos
- Optional: Tour of Delos, the birthplace of Apollo
- Free time to explore Mykonos
- Optional: Tour of traditional villages and archaeological sites
- Optional: Excursion to the ancient city of Knossos, the oldest in Europe
- Free time to explore the picturesque island of Kythira
Monemvasia & Nafplion
- Free time to explore the medieval towns of Monemvasia & Nafplion
Hydra (or Spetses)
- Optional: Excursion to Mycenae archaeological site
- Free time to explore the island of Hydra
- Captain's Dinner
- Disembark and transfer from the ship
Meet Our Expert
Although I was born in Zambia, and raised in Zimbabwe (two land-locked countries), I am very passionate about travel on the sea. I’ve cruised extensively on luxury small ships and ocean liners around the world – I look forward to sharing my experiences with you.
Our Cruise Ship
Beautifully renovated in 2017, Harmony V is a head-turning motor yacht that provides magnificent views inside and out for up to 49 passengers in 25 spacious cabins. Enjoy the passing vistas in the comfort of your room while dining indoors or out, and in other common areas as you socialize or relax. A swimming platform is at the rear of the ship for convenient access to the enticing blue waters during swim stops. With the limited guest capacity, she ensures an intimate sailing experience with a dedicated crew available to attend to every need and offer insider tips.
JuneJun 14, 2024Jun 21, 2024Jun 28, 2024
AugustAug 30, 2024
- Private transfer from the airport or your hotel to the port to board your cruise ship
- 8 days and 7 nights aboard a modern 4 star small cruise ship
- Half board with daily buffet breakfast and either lunch or dinner
- Greek “Philoxenia” evening event
- Private barbecue “Meraki” evening event
- Captain’s Dinner event
- Visit chic Mykonos, iconic Santorini, ancient Rethymnon, Kythira, Monemvasia and serene Hydra
- Swim stops from the ship in beautiful secluded bays
- Free tea, coffee and filtered water throughout the cruise
- A professional English-speaking Cruise Director
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
What's not Included
- International flights from your country of origin
- Tips or gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel staff
- Any meals, tours, or activities other than those specifically mentioned in itinerary
- Optional excursions in each of the islands you are visiting
- Port Taxes - will be advised of this amount before confirming the booking
- Travel visas. Your consultant will advise of any required visas and how to obtain them
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip
- Price based in double occupancy in a double or twin room
Day by Day Itinerary
- DAY 1
Marina Zeas, Athens
Your cruise through the Southern Greek Islands begins at Marina Zeas in Athens’ Piraeus Port, with a private transfer from your hotel or the airport to the port for embarkation between 2 and 3 pm. Take time to get settled into your comfortable cabin, check out the state-of-the-art amenities, and then get ready to meet your fellow passengers, captain, and crew. You’ll be introduced to everyone at a welcome party before we dock in the port of Kea for some leisurely free time to explore Korrisia. We recommend heading to one of the tavernas on the seafront to relax with a drink while gazing out at the gorgeous scenery. After returning to the ship we’ll cruise to Delos, overnighting on the Aegean.
- DAY 2
Delos & Mykonos
Enjoy breakfast, freshly prepared on the ship before joining an optional tour of Delos, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the birthplace of Apollo. The uninhabited island is a sacred place home to some of the most extensive ruins that date from the golden age of classical Greece, including a theater, temples, and more. We’ll sail to Mykonos next, just a few miles away, making a stop for a refreshing swim along the route. The rest of the day can be enjoyed at your leisure, visiting the island’s famous windmills and sampling the famous nightlife in one of the clubs.
Tour of Delos
- DAY 3
Sip your coffee while taking in the magnificent scenery that surrounds you with a relaxing morning onboard before we continue to one of the most famous Greek Isles, Santorini. Renowned for its volcanic landscape, created by a massive volcanic eruption centuries ago, you’ll have time to visit the island capital, Fira, the magnificent caldera, and the idyllic village of Oia where the whitewashed homes and blue-domed churches cling to rugged cliffs while providing one of the world’s most jaw-dropping views. An optional tour will take you through captivating traditional villages and archaeological sites for a trip back in time. Return to the ship in the evening for an overnight sailing to Crete.
Tour of traditional villages and archaeological sites
- DAY 4
Our next stop is on the north coast of Crete, pulling into the city port of Rethymno with its picturesque Venetian harbor filled with traditional fishing boats and lined with vibrant-colored tavernas. We recommend joining the optional excursion to the ancient city of Knossos, the oldest in Europe, settled as early as the Neolithic period. You’ll be guided through the island’s largest Bronze Age archaeological site and famous palace, along with an outstanding archaeological museum before heading back to the ship for a late departure to Kythira.
Tour to the ancient city of Knossos
- DAY 5
Look forward to more time on and in the sea with a swim stop before we arrive at picturesque Kythira along the southern side of the Peloponnese. A remote unspoiled island, here you can discover magnificent waterfalls, hidden gorges, and pristine sandy beaches. You’ll enjoy the evening wandering through the lovely Chora, an ancient settlement dominated by a Venetian castle. The 13th-century fort boasts well-preserved ruins and boasts incredible views you’ll want to capture with your camera before popping into the shops in enticing alleys and dining in one of the waterfront eateries. Overnight in Kythira.
- DAY 6
Monemvasia & Nafplion
Continue your cruising journey with a visit to the medieval fortified town of Monemvasia. Carved into the side of a massive rock that rises out of the sea, you’ll be able to gaze up at the impeccably preserved Byzantine and Venetian buildings in an especially enchanting natural setting before we venture to the seaport town of Nafplion with a swim stop along the way. Step back into the medieval past as you walk the narrow streets of the Old Town with its impressive fortifications and distinctive architecture, then feed your appetite with an authentic meal at one of the family-run eateries popular with the locals. Overnight in Nafplion.
- DAY 7
Hydra (or Spetses). Back to Athens
While the ultimate destination for the last full day of your cruise will bring us back to Athens, your morning starts with an option excursion to Mycenae, an archaeological site in the north-eastern Peloponnese home to the imposing ruins of two of the greatest cities of the Mycenaean civilization. From the walled palace, one of the most important historic sites in Greece, one can see across the Argolid to the Saronic Gulf. Our final stop before returning to Marina Zeas will be either the island of Hydra or Spetses. You’ll have some free time to explore this vehicle-free port town at your leisure, perhaps spending time on one of the beaches or in a romantic, secluded cove. Return to the ship for the Captain’s Farewell Dinner this evening.
Tour of Mycenae archaeological site
- DAY 8
While your cruising adventure comes to an end after breakfast this morning, you’re always welcome to come back and join us for another memorable cruise. Disembark at 9 am this morning. Bid farewell to the crew and your fellow passengers with a private onward transfer to Athens airport or your hotel in Athens.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2024 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED