Highlights of Chile
- Duration13 Nights
- StylePrivate Tour
- When to GoYear round
- Price GuideFrom $7,112 Per Person
At a Glance
- Private airport transfer to your hotel in Santiago
- Private Afternoon City Tour including the Pre Columbian Museum and a Wine Tasting Experience
- Private Full Day of Chile's coast including Isla Negra & Valparaiso
- Private Full Day Wine Tour in the Colchagua Valley including stops at 2 wine estates for tastings
Torres Del Paine National Park
- Private transfer from your Santiago Hotel
- Fly from Santiago to Punta Arenas
- Private Transfer from Punta Arenas Airport to your Torres Del Paine hotel
- Spend three days exploring Torres Del Paine on your choice of tours - Please discuss with you're travel consultant
- Private Transfer from your Torres Del Paine Hotel to Punta Arenas Airport
- Fly from Punta Arenas to Santiago
- Private Transfer from Santiago Airport to your city hotel with the rest of the day at your leisure
- Private Transfer from your Santiago Hotel back to the Airport
- Fly from Santiago to Calama
- Private Transfer from Calama Airport to your Atacama Desert Hotel
- Spend two days exploring Atacama Desert on your choice of tours - Please discuss with you're travel consultant
- Private Transfer back to Calama Airport
- Fly from Calama to Santiago to connect to your International flight home
Meet Our Expert
Latin America Specialist
My love for South America started when I was living in Lima, Peru, and family and friends came to visit. That year I went to Machu Picchu 5 times! I do not have one drop of Latin blood in me, which is painfully obvious if you see me dance, and yet without realizing it for the past 15 years South America has been my home.
- 13 nights in 4 or 5-star accommodation
- Daily breakfast at all hotels
- All mentioned airport transfers and road transport on a private basis in Air Conditioned vehicles
- All mentioned tours and sightseeing on a private basis with private driver and English-speaking local guides
- Entrance fees for any mentioned sightseeing, permits, local taxes, etc
- All mentioned regional flights in economy class, inclusive minimum 20kg per person checked baggage
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
- Flexible, personalized itinerary based on your interests
What's not Included
- International flights from your country of origin
- Tips or gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel staff
- Any meals, tours, or activities other than those specifically mentioned in itinerary
- Incidental local expenses - souvenirs, laundry, taxis, etc
- Visas for Chile. Your consultant will advise of any required visas and how to obtain them.
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip.
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
Welcome to Chile’s capital, Santiago, which is built in a valley with the backdrop of the snow-capped Andes mountains and the ocean. The city was founded in 1541 by the Spanish and the old colonial centre of the city is the Plaza de Armas filled with historical buildings.
On arrival in Santiago, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. This afternoon you will have a city tour including the Pre Columbian Museum, a trip to the top of Cerro San Cristobal hill for incredible views over the city and a wine tasting experience.
- Day 2
Today your guide will meet you for a day exploring the coast. You will visit Isla Negra, the home of the Nobel prize-winning poet Pablo Neruda and then to Valparaiso for a city tour. Valparaiso is known for its colorful buildings and steep funiculars as well as the home of many artists, writers and musicians. The historic quarter of the city is a UNESCO World Heritage site for its well-preserved architecture. You will return to Santiago in the late afternoon.
- Day 3
This morning your guide will meet you for a day of wine tasting and sightseeing in the Chilean wine region. You will travel to the renowned Colchagua Valley where you will visit two wine estates for tastings. The majority of wine produced in the area is red, particularly popular is Carménère, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot. There will be a tour of the vineyard followed by lunch. After lunch, your guide will drive you back to Santiago for the night.
- Day 4
Punta Arenas & Torres del Paine
You will check out of your hotel this morning and your driver will transfer you to the airport for your flight south to Punta Arenas. You will be met on arrival and transferred to Torres Del Paine National Park where you will spend the next four nights.
Located in Chile’s Patagonia region it is one of the most popular National Parks in the country. Torres Del Paine is dominated by the Paine mountain range and the Patagonian ice field, creating spectacular landscapes.
- Days 5 - 7
Torres Del Paine National Park
Each day you will be able to choose from a wide range of activities in the park so you can appreciate its beauty, there are 16 hikes, 6 horseback excursions and boating trips to choose from.
Torres Del Paine has magnificent scenery and there are miles and miles of scenic trails for hiking that wind through dense forest, passing jewel-hued lakes, rushing rivers, and glistening blue glaciers. Lago Grey is one of its most famous land marks with its spectacular glacier, the ice carved valley of Valle Francés is a must for hikers and the distinctive three granite peaks of the Paine Massif are a real highlight.
- Day 8
- Day 9
San Pedro de Atacama
This morning you will be met by your driver who will transfer you to the airport for your flight north to Calama. You will be met and transferred to your hotel in the Atacama Desert where you will spend the next 4 nights.
The Atacama Desert is one of the world’s best destinations for stargazing due to its clear skies. During the day there is plenty to see too, the dry, isolated terrain boasts stunning, ever-changing hues in an array of reds, yellows, greens, and blues that stretch for 600 miles in the northern region of Chile. At Calle de la Luna, the ‘Valley of the Moon’ there are soaring sand dunes and rock formations that mimic the moon’s surface as the result of centuries of winds and floods.
- Days 10-13
There are so many ways to explore this unique landscape. You can join tours that are hikes, horse riding, bike riding or car. The landscape is so varied that you can hike up mountains, visit geysers and hot springs, walk up sand dunes, bike ride to archaeological sites, explore the Andes Mountains and horse ride through landscapes reminiscent of the surface of Mars. Each day you can choose which activities you would like to join which will be guided by an experienced tour leader.
- Day 14
Today you will return to Calama Airport to fly to Santiago and catch your onward connecting flight.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED