Grand Tour of Morocco
- Duration11 Nights
- StylePrivate Tour
- When to GoMar - Apr & Sep - Nov
- Price GuideFrom $3,803 Per Person
At a Glance
- Private airport transfer to your hotel in Casablanca
- Private Morning City tour including the Royal Palace, Anfa & Hassan II Mosque before you depart
- Private Transfer from Casablanca to your Tangier Hotel
- Private City Tour including the Medina, Pasteur Boulevard, Cap Spartel & Hercules Cave
- Private Transfer with a Tour of Tetouan incl Hassan II Square & its Royal Palace enroute
- Private City Tour including the Main Square, Central Mosque, Kasbah & 15th Century Fortress
- Private Transfer with a Tour in Meknes incl Bab Mansour Gate & El Hedim Square enroute
- Private City Tour including Royal Palace Gates, Nejjarine Fountain & Moulay Idriss Mausoleum
- Private Transfer from your Fes Hotel
- Private City Tour including the Royal Palace, Mohamed V Mausoleum & Hassan Tower
- Private Gardens Tour incl Majorelle, Yves Saint Laurent, & La Menara
- Private City Tour including Koutoubia Mosque, the Royal Palace & the Jewish Quarter
- OPTIONAL: Private Hot Air Balloon Ride over the Atlas Mountains
- OPTIONAL: Private Sidecar City Tour including the Medina & the Kasbah district
- OPTIONAL: Hammam Experience including exfoliating scrubs & moisturizing treatments
- Private transfer from Your Marrakech Hotel
- Explore the Desert on a Private Camel Ride
- Experience a shared Campfire Dinner under the stars, accompanied by local music
- Private transfer back to Marrakech Airport for your onward flight
Meet Our Expert
I am fascinated by history, culture, and vibrant local lifestyles, so naturally Morocco is one of my favorite destinations. Exploring the thriving ancient medinas and gazing at Morocco’s epic landscapes is incredible. I can’t wait to start curating your North African adventure!
- 11 nights in 4 or 5-star accommodation
- Daily breakfast at all hotels
- Half Board Meals at your Agafay Desert Camp
- All mentioned airport transfers and road transport on a private basis in Air Conditioned vehicles
- All mentioned tours and sightseeing on a private basis with private driver and English-speaking local guides
- Entrance fees for any mentioned sightseeing, permits, local taxes, etc
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
- Flexible, personalized itinerary based on your interests
What's not Included
- International flights from your country of origin
- Tips or gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel staff
- Any meals, tours, or activities other than those specifically mentioned in itinerary
- Any tours advised as 'Optional' on the itinerary
- Incidental local expenses - souvenirs, laundry, taxis, etc
- Visas for Morocco. Your consultant will advise of any required visas and how to obtain them.
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip.
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
Arrival into Casablanca airport
Upon arrival at Casablanca airport, our driver will be there to greet you and provide a private transfer to your hotel in the city, where you will enjoy a welcome drink.
Once you’ve checked in and taken some time to relax, the rest of the day will be spent at your leisure. Despite being overshadowed by Morocco’s more popular and exotic tourist destinations, this expansive metropolis, renowned for its stunning Art Deco and Moorish Revival architecture from the Colonial Period, has much to offer travelers seeking unique experiences, including hidden cultural and historical treasures waiting to be uncovered.
- Day 2
Following breakfast, embark on a guided visit to the city referred to by locals as “Casa”, which acts as Morocco’s economic, industrial, and cultural hub.
Your tour will encompass several notable attractions such as the central market, the Habous area, the Royal Palace (exterior), the Mohamed V Square, the residential area of Anfa, and the picturesque corniche of Ain Diab. During the excursion, you will also be able to view the Hassan II Mosque from the outside.
After you tour, you will depart for Tangier City, known as the ‘Gateway to Africa,’ a bustling coastal city in Morocco that exudes vibrancy and atmosphere. Upon arrival, check into your hotel for an overnight stay.
Marina Bay TangerRead More
- Day 3
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel before embarking on a full day devoted to exploring Tangier city.
Situated on the Strait of Gibraltar, Tangier has been a strategic gateway between Africa and Europe since Phoenician times. The city boasts a vibrant culture that reflects a blend of European and Moroccan influences. Your guide will lead you through the maze-like alleys of the medina (old town), where you can explore the ancient streets and the bustling souk (marketplace). Next, you’ll stroll through the diplomatic neighborhood, known as the Pasteur Boulevard and the Plaza of France, which still exudes the 1930s glamour that Tangier was renowned for. You’ll then visit Cap Spartel, which offers breathtaking views of the Strait of Gibraltar, just a 10-minute drive from the city center. Your guide will also take you to see the Hercules Cave, a natural cave system that, according to Greek mythology, was where Hercules rested and recuperated. In the evening, we recommend taking a walk through the medina as the old town comes alive at night.
- Day 4
After enjoying breakfast at the hotel, it’s time to depart for Tetouan, a charming small city in northern Morocco known for its unique blend of Andalusian and Arab cultures, which gives it a distinctive green and whitewashed appearance.
Upon arrival, embark on a tour of Tetouan, starting with the Big Mosque, the Spanish Cathedral, Babu Saidi, the Kasbah, the Medina, and Hassan II Square. Afterwards, visit the old Royal Palace, a 17th-century building located at Place Hassan II, and take in the stunning Hispano-Moresque architecture of Tetouan. Although the palace itself is not open to the public, the ornate Bab Er-Rouah gate is worth admiring. Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the Jewish mellah, the Berber market, and the Andalusian sector. In the late afternoon, head to the Tetouan Archaeology Museum to see the curated exhibits of Roman relics, artifacts, and mosaics from Lixus. Finally, transfer to your hotel in Chefchaouen, check-in, and spend the night.
Dar EchchaouenRead More
- Day 5
This morning, after breakfast at the hotel, you will meet your guide for a tour of Chefchaouen, a city known for its unique location and stunning views of the Rif mountain range.
This charming city is a paradise for walkers, and you will have the opportunity to explore its narrow streets, cobbled alleys flanked by leather and weaving workshops and picturesque blue-washed buildings. You will visit the Main Square, the central mosque, the Kasbah, a 15th-century fortress and dungeon showcasing ethnographic and art exhibitions and enjoy the authentic cafes. At the end of your tour continue to explore at your leisure, or head back to your hotel to relax before the next stage of your journey
- Day 6
After enjoying breakfast at your hotel, you will meet your driver and depart for Fes city stopping at Meknes along the way.
Upon arrival, you will begin your tour of the old imperial capital by visiting the famous Bab Mansour gate, the royal stables, the Jewish quarter, and the vast El Hedim Square. You will then head to Fes, Morocco’s former capital and second-largest city, a unique blend of Arabic architecture, ancient alleys echoing with calls to prayer, bustling markets, and modern culture. On arrival it’s time to head to your hotel to get settled in, relax and get ready for your exploration of the city.
- Day 7
After breakfast, spend the entire day immersing yourself in the rich culture and spirituality of Fes. Begin by visiting the Royal Palace gates, the medieval medina, and the entrance to the Attarine and Bouanania Medersa. Explore the Nejjarine fountain, the Moulay Idriss mausoleum, and the iconic Karaouine Mosque. Witness the tanneries, the Islamic university, and the bustling souks and bazaars. In the afternoon, head to the New Town and see the famous Bab Boujeloud Gate. Continue exploring and shopping until the evening.
- Day 8
This morning, you will depart for Rabat City, the administrative capital of the Kingdom. With its fascinating historical and cultural heritage, French-colonial architecture, a lengthy coastline adorned with pristine sandy and rocky beaches, diverse ecosystems, and stunning hiking trails, Rabat has so much to discover. Upon arrival, you will begin your stay with a tour of the Royal Palace (Mechouar), the Mohamed V Mausoleum, a pavilion made of white marble crowned with green tiles, and the XII-century Hassan Tower. Later in the late afternoon, your guide will transfer you to your hotel, where you will check-in, and spend the evening as you wish.
Hotel Le Diwan Mgallery By SofitelRead More
- Day 9
After enjoying breakfast at the hotel, you will depart for Marrakech. Upon arrival, your guide will take you on a tour of the Majorelle Garden, Yves Saint Laurent, and La Menara Gardens, which together span about 100 hectares, are filled with a wide variety of tree and animal species, and a long history, dating back to the Almohad dynasty in the 12th century when they were used for romantic meetings of the Marrakech sultans.
Also on the agenda is a visit to the Bahia Palace, considered one of the masterpieces of Moroccan architecture. On completion of your tour, you’ll head to your hotel to check in. This evening is at leisure, stay to eat at your hotel, or choose to have dinner at one of Marrakech’s many festive restaurants.
- Day 10
This morning, embark on a guided tour of Marrakech’s streets to explore famous landmarks such as Koutoubia, the Royal Palace, Dar El Bacha, and the Jewish Quarter, Mellah. Afterwards, delve into the Medina, where old markets called souks offer a plethora of goods, including gold, silver, furniture, silks, tapestries, handicrafts, and spices.
Later in the afternoon, indulge in a food-tasting medina tour to experience Marrakech’s culinary delights. With a local guide, discover the history, culture, and habits behind Moroccan cuisine, and savor samples of Moroccan food. The tour takes you behind the scenes of the markets, from tasting fresh olives to trying freshly cooked bread at a local bakery. Sit in a local café to enjoy more Moroccan delicacies, before heading to the stalls for a delicious roasted lamb and the famous local dish called Tanjia.
End the evening with a spicy herbal tea known as khoudenjal!
- Day 11
After enjoying breakfast at the hotel, spend the day immersing yourself in the authentic Berber way of life. Before departing for the Agafay Desert, there are several options for you to consider:
Take a morning hot air balloon ride over the desert to experience a bird’s-eye view of the landscape, followed by a traditional Berber brunch.
Discover the city on a sidecar tour, giving you a unique perspective on local life.
Experience a hammam, a traditional Moroccan bathing ritual that involves soaking in a pool or steam room, exfoliation, rinsing, and a massage.
Later in the afternoon, head to the rocky and bohemian Agafay Desert and enjoy a camel ride. Check-in to your camp for an overnight stay in a Berber tent. Dinner will be served around the campfire accompanied by local music.
- Day 12
Departure from Marrakech
Your magical Morocco Vacation comes to a close today, but you’ll leave with unforgettable memories and a big smile on your face! You’ll be transferred to the airport for your flight home. Safe travels!
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2024 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED