Glacier Express: Across the Roof of Europe
- Duration3 Nights
- StylePrivate Tour
- When to GoApr - Oct
- Price GuideFrom $2,915 Per Person
Our itinerary includes Excellence Class as standard, which offers a windows seat as standards, panoramic views, and a refined regional 5-course menu with accompanying wines. This 4-day itinerary starts and ends in Zurich, but can be modified to begin anywhere in Switzerland, or even northern Italy. All the time taking advantage of Switzerland’s efficient, world-class, and easy-to-navigate rail network.
At a Glance
- Arrival into Zurich & 1st class rail service to Zermatt
- Ride the Glacier Express from Zermatt to St Moritz
- Excellence class as standard
- Morning at leisure to enjoy St Moritz
- 1st class rail to Zurich
- Private transfer to Zurich Airport or station
Meet Our Expert
Hailing from America with Irish roots, I’ve spent most of my life exploring and embracing the best of the UK. In recent years, I’ve expanded my expert knowledge, now confidently selling Ireland, Scotland, England, France, and Switzerland.
- 3 nights in 4 or 5-star accommodation
- Daily breakfast at all hotels
- Private arrival and departure airport transfer
- All mentioned airport transfers and rail transport
- All mentioned tours and sightseeing on a private basis with private driver and English-speaking local guides
- Entrance fees for any mentioned sightseeing, permits, local taxes, etc
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
- Flexible, personalized itinerary based on your interests
What's not Included
- International flights from your country of origin
- Tips or gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel staff
- Any meals, tours, or activities other than those specifically mentioned in itinerary
- Incidental local expenses - souvenirs, laundry, taxis, etc
- Visas for Switzerland. Your consultant will advise of any required visas and how to obtain them.
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip.
Day by Day Itinerary
- DAY 1
Zurich: Transfer from Airport to Station and onward to Zermatt
On arrival into Zurich Airport, you will be met by our representative, who will transfer you to Zurich Station for the beautiful journey to Zermatt, for those already in the city a transfer will take you straight from the hotel. In Switzerland the train is king and traveling by rail is very easy. Trains are clean, on time, and always depart from the same platform, so there’s very rarely any confusion. The journey time to Zermatt is approximately 3 hours and the route will take you across the fertile plains around Zurich and up into the Alps, via the country’s pretty capital, Bern. On arrival in Zermatt, it’s an easy walk across the street to your hotel. Note that alternative routes from other larger cities such as Geneva can be arranged at no extra cost.
- DAY 2
Day 2: The Glacier Express
Billed as Europe’s slowest express train, the Glacier Express is truly one of the world’s great train journeys. Taking 8.15 hours to travel just 180 miles the route takes you from Zermatt at the foot of the famous Matterhorn to St Mortiz the country’s most glamorous resorts. Along the route, the spectacular mountain scenery unfolds outside the train’s panoramic sightseeing windows, as you sit back and enjoy a luxury 5-course menu with accompanying wines. For an aperitif, some delicious cocktail or to exchange with fellow travelers the Glacier Bar is the perfect place to visit, and thanks to the compass on the ceiling none of the many turns will be missed. On arrival in St Moritz, it’s an easy transfer to your hotel.
For those wishing to extend their time in Switzerland we advise at least two nights here to enjoy the lake or some hiking. Alternatively, you may want to consider continuing via the equally stunning Bernina Express to Tirano in northern Italy.
- DAY 3
Return to Zurich
- DAY 4
At the appropriate time today, you will be transferred from your hotel to Zurich Airport for your return flight home. If you’re not ready to leave Switzerland just yet, contact our travel experts who will be happy to create a bespoke addition to your itinerary.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED