Essence of Egypt
- Duration7 Nights
- StylePrivate Tour with Small Ship Cruise
- When to GoApr - Oct
- Price GuideFrom $3,102 Per Person
At a Glance
- Assistance with customs and immigration formalities on arrival in to Cairo
- Private airport Transfer to your hotel in Cairo
- Private Tour of Cairo including the Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx & th Egyptian Museum
Cruising the Nile
- Private Transfer from your Cairo hotel to Cairo Airport
- Domestic Flight from Cairo to Luxor
- Private Transfer from Luxor Airport to your cruise ship with a tour of the Karnak temples enroute
- Small Group tour of Luxor's West Bank incl Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple & Colossi of Memnon
- Small Group tours of the Temple of Horus at Edfu & Kom Ombo Temples
- Small Group tour of Aswan including the High Dam, Temple of Philae & the Unfinished Obelisk
- Small Group Tour aboard a tradition Egyptian Felucca
- Private transfer from your cruise to your Aswan Hotel
- Private transfer from your cruise to your Aswan Hotel
- OPTIONAL: Private Tour of the Abu Simbel Temple Complex by air or by land
- Private transfer to Aswan Airport for your onward flight
Meet Our Expert
Our Nile River Cruise Ships
Sanctuary Nile Adventurer
The Sanctuary Nile Adventurer offers an opulent oasis from which to view the enigmatic sights of the Nile. A seamless blend of effortless Egyptian luxury and authentic character, the ship’s design exemplifies laidback (and thoroughly elegant) luxe with soft finishings and oriental ornaments across the public areas, a sunny elevated pool deck with private cabanas, and world-class cuisine created by award-winning chefs.
The Nile Adventurer has just 32 cabins, allowing for a highly personalized service in a relaxed atmosphere, ideal for guests hoping to explore Egypt in unrestrained luxury — via the iconic Nile. A concise collection of cabins and suites offer a choice of benefits from circular panoramic windows in the junior suites to private balconies in the Presidential Suite, and every room is elevated by evocative Nile views. Air conditioning, private bathrooms, and satellite TV come as standard.
Departure Dates: Please note that cruises run weekly - Speak to our team to find out more.
- 3 nights in 4 or 5-star accommodation
- 4 nights on-board a deluxe cruise ship including Full Board
- Daily breakfast at all hotels
- Private arrival and departure airport transfers, including assistance on arrival
- All other mentioned regional airport transfers and road transport on a private basis in Air Conditioned Vehicles
- All mentioned tours and sightseeing in Cairo on a private basis with private driver and English-speaking local guides
- All mentioned tours and sightseeing on a small group basis with private driver and English-speaking local guides whilst onboard your cruise
- Entrance fees for any mentioned sightseeing, permits, local taxes, etc
- All mentioned regional flights in economy class, inclusive minimum 20kg per person checked baggage
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
- Flexible, personalized itinerary based on your interests
What's not Included
- International flights from your country of origin
- Tips or gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel staff
- Any meals, tours, or activities other than those specifically mentioned in itinerary
- Any tours advised as 'Optional' on the itinerary
- Incidental local expenses - souvenirs, laundry, taxis, etc
- Visas for Egypt. Your consultant will advise of any required visas and how to obtain them.
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip.
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
Your journey begins by flying into Cairo airport. Upon arrival, you’ll be met by a representative who will welcome you to Egypt and provide assistance with all of the customs and immigration formalities as well as provide a private transfer to your hotel. After a long day or more of travel, you’ll have the rest of the day to enjoy at your leisure, providing the perfect time to relax and enjoy dinner at one of the restaurants on-site. No matter which option you’ve chosen, you’ll have access to a pool to unwind around in between refreshing dips before heading out to dine.
- Day 2
Cairo: Pyramids, Sphinx & Egyptian Museum
An exciting day lies ahead but first, you’ll enjoy breakfast at your hotel. Soon you’ll be met by your driver/guide for a tour that brings you to the Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx, and the Egyptian Museum in Cairo. It’s a full day, allowing you to marvel at one of the ancient Seven Wonders of the World, the Great Pyramid of Giza, the best known of the group of three, which has stood the test of time, here for 4,600 years. Marvel at the Great Sphinx that guards them and then head into the museum to explore its extensive collection of ancient Egyptian antiquities.
- Day 3
Cruising: Flight to Luxor & Nile Cruise Embarkation
This morning your driver will provide a private transfer back to Cairo’s airport so you can catch your flight to Luxor. A visit to the East Bank is in order, with another driver/guide meeting you upon arrival to bring you to the renowned Luxor and Karnak temples, a city of temples dating back to 3200 BC, with sphinx statues proudly guarding the entrance. Afterward, it will soon be time to embark on your Nile River cruise. After getting settled into your cabin check out the ship’s facilities and then enjoy lunch which will be served on board. You’ll enjoy dinner on the vessel this evening too.
- Day 4
Cruising: Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple & Colossi of Memnon
Wake up and enjoy the sights as you sip your morning coffee. You’ll enjoy breakfast on board before enjoying a visit to the West Bank which includes the Valley of the Kings which became a royal burial ground for pharaohs like Tutankhamun and Ramses II during the New Kingdom period from 1539-1075 BC. You’ll also see the Hatshepsut Temple, a masterpiece of ancient architecture, and the Colossi of Memnon, two massive stone statues at the front of the Theban Necropolis’ largest temple. Back on board enjoy lunch while we sail toward Edfu, the site of an ancient settlement on the West Bank, Tell Edfu.
- Day 5
Cruising: Edfu Temple, Kom Ombo & Kom Ombo Temple, Aswan
After breakfast this morning, you’ll visit the Temple of Edfu which was buried under centuries of silt and sand until the 19th century when Egyptologist Auguste Mariette rediscovered it. One of the country’s most well-preserved sites, the architecture is remarkably intact and includes many legible inscriptions on the walls. Back on board, sail to Kom Ombo while enjoying lunch on the ship. Once there, you’ll disembark to visit Kom Ombo Temple, a unique double temple dedicated to two different deities, built during the Ptolemaic dynasty (180-47 BC). Back on the ship, enjoy dinner as the cruise makes its way to Aswan this evening.
- Day 6
Cruising: High Dam, Unfinished Obelisk & Philae Temple. Felucca Ride
This morning’s excursion, following breakfast, takes you to visit the Aswan High Dam. Built across the Nile, it’s one of the largest embankment dams in the world. You’ll get to witness the largest known ancient obelisk as well. The unfinished obelisk is one of Egypt’s most important archaeological finds for the insight that it’s provided into ancient stonemasonry methods. Marvel at the Philae temple complex in the reservoir of the Aswan Lower Dam too, which dates to around 280 BC. Before the day is done, you’ll also enjoy a one-hour ride on a felucca, a type of traditional Egyptian wooden boat with a canvas sail.
- Day 7
Aswan: Disembarkation w/Optional Abu Simbel Tour
Your Nile River cruise comes to an end today after breakfast on board the ship. Once you’ve disembarked, you’ll have a driver waiting for you to provide a private transfer to your hotel in Aswan. An optional tour of Abu Simbel can be enjoyed before transferring to your hotel if you prefer. Set along the western bank of Lake Nasser, the ancient temple complex is made up of two huge temples built in the 13th century BC, considered to be the most magnificent of the monuments built by Ramses II. Either way, this evening, dinner will be enjoyed at your Aswan hotel.
- Day 8
Your 7-night Essence of Egypt trip comes to an end after breakfast this morning. Upon checkout at your hotel, your driver will meet you there to provide a transfer to the airport in Aswan where you’ll catch your flight to Cairo. Once there, you can take your international flight home or head out on further travels. As always, our staff will be available to help should you need assistance, wish to extend your time here, or would like a bespoke addition made to your itinerary.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED