Epic Indonesia Honeymoon: Bali & Sumba
- Duration10 Nights
- StylePrivate Tour
- When to GoMar - Oct
- Price GuideFrom $9,081 Per Person
At a Glance
- Fast track arrival service in Denpasar Airport and private transfer to Ubud
- Full day private tour in and around Ubud including Tegallalang rice terraces, Tirta Empul Palace, Gunung Kawi Temple, and the Museum of Masks and Puppets
- Day at leisure to enjoy central Ubud and your hotel’s pool and spa
- Fly to Sumba and transfer to Nihiwatu
- Four nights at Nihi Sumba - the world’s best beach resort
- Three full days to arrange immersive tours, adventure activities, and serene relaxation, and enjoy full-board food and drink
- Fly back to Bali and transfer to a luxury beach resort on its isolated west coast
- Private cooking class in Canggu
- Day at leisure to relax on the isolated beach and enjoy your hotel
- Private departure transfer to Denpasar Airport
Meet Our Expert
I am totally captivated by Asia. Having lived in Singapore, Nepal, South Korea and Hong Kong, travelled extensively across all of our destinations in Asia, and worked in luxury travel for many years, curating exceptional trips comes naturally to me.
- 10 nights in 5-star boutique hotel accommodation
- Daily breakfast at hotels in Ubud & South Bali
- Full-board meals in Sumba
- Private arrival and departure airport transfers, including fast-track airport assistance on arrival
- All mentioned transfers and road transport on a private basis in air-conditioned minivans
- All mentioned tours and sightseeing on a private basis with private driver and English-speaking local guides
- Entrance fees for any mentioned sightseeing, permits, local taxes, etc
- All mentioned domestic flights in economy class, inclusive minimum 20kg per person checked baggage
- Comprehensive final itinerary and travel app
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
- Flexible, personalized itinerary based on your interests
What's not Included
- International flights from your country of origin
- Tourist visa for Indonesia, which can be obtained on arrival. Your consultant will advise on how to obtain this
- Tips or gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel staff
- Any meals, tours, or activities other than those specifically mentioned in itinerary
- Incidental local expenses - souvenirs, laundry, taxis, etc
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
Bali: Arrival into Denpasar International Airport and private transfer
Welcome to Indonesia! On arrival in Bali Denpasar, you’ll be met by our airport representative who will fast-track you through immigration, baggage, and customs procedures. who’ll then transfer you from the south coast city up into the hill town of Ubud. Once arrived at your hotel you’ll check in and have the rest of the day at leisure to recuperate after your long flight.
- Day 2
Ubud: Guided cultural tour in and around Ubud
After breakfast, you will meet your private guide and driver and then set off for a full-day tour in and around Ubud. Begin with a tour of Ubud’s lively central market, a hive of activity in the early morning, where you can spot exotic herbs, spices, and cooking ingredients. Nearby is the famous Monkey Forest where you’ll take a brief stroll among the vines and swinging primates, before leaving central Ubud behind for the beautiful village of Tegalallang. Tegalallang is known for its cascading, impossibly photogenic rice terraces; take a short hike through the fields, culminating with a lunch of Balinese delights in a local viewpoint restaurant. In the afternoon, continue to Tirta Empul Palace, known for its holy spring water temple, at which you can join the locals in a purifying dip. You’ll then drive through more scenery of lush rice terraces in Tampak Siring village and to the Gunung Kawi temple which dates back to the 11th century Udayana dynasty and comprises 10 rock-cut ‘candi’ (shrines), each of which stands seven meters tall and is carved into the sheer cliff face.
- Day 3
Ubud: Free day with guide & driver at disposal
Today is free to relax and recuperate after your long journey. We recommend a transfer into central Ubud for a gentle walk taking in its lively markets, famed galleries, boutiques, and cafes. The famous Monkey Forest Sanctuary is nearby, and perfect for a gentle introduction to Bali’s alluring temples and natural scenery. Staying onsite, relax around the pool, or indulge in a Balinese massage at the spa. Your private guide, driver, and vehicle remain at your disposal all day to help you explore.
- Day 4
Sumba: Fly from Bali to Sumba and transfer to Nihiwatu beach
After a leisurely morning, you’ll be picked up and transferred privately back down to Denpasar Airport. You’ll then board a 90-minute domestic flight across to Sumba’s tiny Tambolaka Airport. On arrival, you’ll be met by a representative from Nihi Sumba and transferred privately across the island, a journey of around 90 minutes through stark and typically Sumbanese Asia-meets-Africa scenery. Enjoy the landscapes unfolding through rolling hills, thick forests, and waterfalls, keeping a keen eye out for water buffalo at work in the fields, bucolic village scenes, and – on the final stretch – sweeping views of the Wanokaka river as it spills out to sea.
Nihi SumbaRead More
- Days 5-8
Sumba: At leisure at Nihi Sumba
These days are yours to kick back, relax, and enjoy Nihi Sumba at your leisure. With so much to do, and so much of it offered on a complimentary basis, we like to keep your stay here as flexible as possible.
Mountain biking, paddle boarding, snorkeling, and yoga are all included in your stay. As are all meals and non-alcoholic drinks, with a wide variety of private dining experiences to be chosen from for that special occasion. Especially recommended is a visit to the Sumba Foundation, which includes a tour of the freshwater plant, health clinic, and public school that your stay helps to fund.
Looking for an adrenaline buzz? Consider a range of hikes, treks, and inland kayaking adventures – all of which are spiced with enticing perks such as picnic meals or spa services. Surfing, sea fishing, and island cruises are on offer for those who prefer exploring at sea to on land.
Horses are a huge component of daily Sumbanese life. Take out the hotel’s own stable for rides along the beach, or meet native Pasola horsemen for a demonstration of bareback riding and spear-throwing. If you’re lucky you may also catch a local beach horse race, with proceeds from all bets going to the Sumba Foundation.
Have a specific interest or a special occasion? All of these experiences (and more) can be tailored entirely to your needs. Speak to your consultant to develop any ideas that you may have.
- Day 9
South Bali: Fly back to Bali and transfer to Tabanan
Check out after breakfast and enjoy the 90-minute return transfer to Tambolaka Airport. You’ll then board a flight back to Bali Denpasar Airport. You’ll then be met by a private driver and transferred along to your exclusive luxury resort in Tabanan, a sparsely-populated region of Bali’s southwest coast and home to some of its most iconic sites: the rock temple of Tanah Lot, Beratan Lake, and the floating temple of Ulun Danu Bratan Temple, and the epic emerald green rice terraces of Jatiluwih. The road transfer over to Tabanan will be just over an hour, arriving mid-afternoon and having the rest of the day to settle in.
- Day 10
South Bali: Private Balinese cooking class
This morning you’ll indulge in an exclusive cooking class during which you’ll discover the very best of Balinese ingredients and cooking techniques. You’ll be transferred privately to the boutique Tugu Bali Hotel, located around 45 minutes away in busy Canggu. Led by the hotel’s head chef, your class will be a hands-on experience that educates you on the centuries-old traditions of Indonesian gastronomy, specifically Javanese and Balinese cuisine. With the help of your engaging hosts, you’ll embrace authentic, indigenous cooking techniques and ingredients, to create a delicious lunch. Additional side dishes, drinks, and sweet treats are provided by staff. You’ll also be given a recipe booklet so you can recreate the dishes once back at home.
- Day 11
South Bali: Departure day
Sadly your adventures in Indonesia have come to an end. At the appropriate time, you’ll be picked up from the hotel and transferred by road back to Bali Denpasar International Airport, a drive of around 25 minutes. Arrive in good time to check in for your onward flight.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED