- Duration5 Nights
- StylePrivate Tour
- When to GoApr - Oct
- Price GuideFrom $2,958 Per Person
At a Glance
- Private transfer to your hotel in Valletta. Free time to explore
- Private historical walking tour of Valletta including St. George Square and St. John's Cathedral
- Private half day tour of Malta's former capital Mdina and Rabat
- Private half day tour of Hagar-Qim and Mnajdra Temple Complex before transferring to St. Julian's
- Private full day trip to Gozo Island including a ride on a traditional wooden boat
- Private transfer back to Valletta Airport
Meet Our Expert
From the snowy peaks of the Dolomites to the sun-kissed coasts of Puglia, my European journey has been nothing short of diverse and immersive. Now based in the chic ambience of Milan, this deep connection with Italy and Malta ensures that I bring unmatched authenticity to every travel itinerary I curate.
- 5 nights in 4 or 5-star accommodation
- Daily breakfast at all hotels
- Private arrival and departure airport transfers
- Private transfers throughout as noted on itinerary
- All mentioned tours and sightseeing on a private basis with private driver and English-speaking local guides
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
- Flexible, personalized itinerary based on your interests
What's not Included
- International flights from your country of origin
- Tips or gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel staff
- Any meals, tours, or activities other than those specifically mentioned in itinerary
- Incidental local expenses - souvenirs, laundry, taxis, etc
- Visas for Malta. Your consultant will advise of any required visas and how to obtain them
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
Valletta: Welcome to Malta
The fun begins the moment you arrive at Malta’s airport where your private driver will welcome you and provide a transfer to your luxury hotel in Valletta. The remainder of the day is yours to relax, refresh, or explore, perhaps with a stroll through the capital’s charming narrow streets, a great way to help beat any jag lag. The City Gate will bring you through the massive stone fortifications to discover the historic center. Enjoy classic views that include sandstone homes with colorful balconies as you make your way to elegant Republic Square with outdoor cafes ideal for sipping coffee or wine while people-watching.
- Day 2
Valletta: Valletta Historical Walking Tour
Today you’ll get to explore Valletta more in-depth alongside your private guide. You’ll depart from your hotel for a historic walking tour through the UNESCO-listed capital that was established in 1566. Some of the highlights you’ll encounter include multiple historic points of interest along Republic Street and St. George Square and the 16th-century St. John’s Cathedral with its world-renowned oil painting of Italian artist Caravaggio’s The Beheading of St. John the Baptist. You’ll step into the 18th-century Manoel Theater, one of the oldest still active theaters in Europe, to marvel at its magnificent interior before returning to your hotel on foot.
- Day 3
Valletta: Half-Day Tour of Mdina and Rabat
Your private driver/guide will pick you up for a half-day excursion of the “silent city” of Mdina and adjacent Rabat. You’ll explore on foot, starting in ancient Mdina which has a history of human settlement dating all the way back to 2500 BC. The former capital of Malta, it sits on a hilltop surrounded by fortifications. Your guide will bring you to the baroque-style gate, St. Paul’s Cathedral with its spectacular ornate facade, grand palaces, and more. Afterward continue to nearby Rabat, where Apostle Paul resided in a cave for several months after being shipwrecked on the island in the 1st century AD.
- Day 4
St. Julian’s: Half-Day Tour of Hagar-Qim and Mnajdra Temple Complex. Transfer to St. Julian's
Today your private driver/guide will take you on a half-day tour of the Hagar-Qim and Mnajdra megalithic temple complex, a UNESCO World Heritage Site dating as far back as 3600 BC. Hilltop Hagar-Qim overlooks the Mediterranean and is one of the world’s oldest religious sites, while Mnajdra sits in a hallow above the cliffs featuring three temples with the oldest dating to around the same time as Hagar-Qim. Continue to the Dingli Cliffs nearby for an incredible view of the sea and the island of Filfla. After returning to your Valletta hotel, a private transfer to your hotel in St. Julian’s will be provided.
Malta Marriott Hotel & SpaRead More
- Day 5
St. Julian’s: Full-Day Trip to Gozo Island
Today you’ll embark on a full-day trip to explore Gozo Island, a must for any Malta visitor. Hop on the ferry for a scenic ride and then join your private driver/guide for a visit to the Ggantija Temples, a prehistoric, UNESCO-listed site and one of the world’s oldest free-standing monuments, older than even the Egyptian pyramids and Stonehenge, dating back between 3600 and 3200 BC. Next, descend into a natural cave with stalactites and stalagmites, and then marvel at 350-year-old salt pans that look like checkerboards. Enjoy a ride on a traditional wooden boat (weather permitting) and conclude at the walled Citadel in Victoria.
- Day 6
St. Julian’s: Departure
After five exciting days in Malta, your trip comes to an end. With your bags packed and ready, your private driver will provide a transfer to the airport where you can catch your flight home or head out on further travels. Of course, if you’d like to extend your time here or need assistance with visits elsewhere, our travel experts will be happy to create a bespoke itinerary.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED