- Duration10 Nights
- StylePrivate Tour
- When to GoApr - Oct
- Price GuideFrom $3,409 Per Person
At a Glance
- Private arrival transfer to your hotel in Zagreb
- Private guided city tour of Zagreb including St. Mark's and Zagreb Cathedral
- Private transfer to Plitvice Lakes National Park with a private tour of the magnificent waterfalls and lakes
- Private transfer to your Split hotel with free time to explore
- Private guided tour of Split & Trogir including Diocletian’s Palace
- Take a ferry transfer to Hvar
- Join a 6 hour Pakleni Islands small group sailing tour with a lunch stop
- Day at leisure in Hvar
- Take a ferry transfer to Dubrovnik. Private afternoon guided tour including the Old City walls and the Renaissance Rector’s Palace
- Day at leisure in Dubrovnik
- Private departure transfer to Dubrovnik Airport
Meet Our Expert
- 10 nights in 4 or 5-star accommodation
- Daily breakfast at all hotels
- Luxury airport departure and arrival transfers
- Private land transfers mentioned throughout the trip
- Shared ferry transfers from Split to Hvar and Hvar to Dubrovnik
- Private guided tours in Zagreb, Plitvice, Split and Dubrovnik with English-speaking local guides
- Small group tour of the Pakleni Islands
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
- Flexible, personalized itinerary based on your interests
What's not Included
- International flights from your country of origin
- Tips or gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel staff
- Any meals, tours, or activities other than those specifically mentioned in itinerary
- Optional tours
- Incidental local expenses - souvenirs, laundry, taxis, etc
- Visas for Croatia. Your consultant will advise of any required visas and how to obtain them
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
Arrival into Zagreb
Your private tour of Croatia’s highlights begins with your arrival in Zagreb, the capital city with a rich history dating back 3,000 years. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure soaking up the atmosphere of this small cultural capital. We recommend enjoying dinner in the Upper Town at one of the city’s sought-after eateries.
- Day 2
Private Guided City Tour of Zagreb
Today you’ll follow your guide along the cobbled streets in the Upper Town with its impressive mix of Austro-Hungarian heritage and classical Viennese secessionist architecture. You’ll be able to marvel at the iconic 13th-century St. Mark’s Church and its colorful roof as well as Zagreb Cathedral with its soaring twin spires that stand out on the skyline. Afterward, wander on your own to discover the city’s parks, museums, galleries, and restaurants.
- Day 3
Transfer to Plitvice Lakes National Park with Private Tour
Leaving Zagreb with a camera in hand, it’s time to head to one of Croatia’s most popular and most photographed attractions: Plitvice Lakes National Park. It boasts a maze of magnificent waterfalls and lakes with crystal-clear water that ranges in shades from emerald to turquoise, all surrounded by lush greenery. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, you’ll hop on an electric boat and then walk the meandering pathways, crossing the picturesque wooden bridges to see the 16 linked terraced lakes and cascading falls. Afterward, take the scenic train ride that circles the park for a panoramic view of it all.
- Day 4
Transfer to Split
After a day of exploring some of Croatia’s most stunning natural wonders, transfer to ancient Split along the Dalmatian Coast. It was birthed when Roman Emperor Diocletian chose it as his retirement home, which means it’s filled with incredible architecture that dates all the way back to the early 4th century. The huge huge complex seems more like a small city, making it best toured with a knowledgeable local. The rest of the day is free to explore at your own leisure.
- Day 5
Private Tour of Split & Trogir
A half-day tour will take you into the heart of ancient Split, its 1,700 years of history, and the UNESCO-listed town of Trogir. Begin in charming Trogir by strolling along the waterfront promenade, admiring the Venetian and Renaissance buildings and monuments as your expert guide fills you in on their history. Back in Split, join a walking tour through the intriguing streets and alleyways of Diocletian’s Palace. It’s filled with some of the most well-preserved Roman architecture in the world, much of which has been converted into boutiques, galleries, and eateries which you’ll have time to explore afterward.
- Day 6
Transfer to Hvar
Get ready to cruise over to cosmopolitan Hvar today. The island is famous for its yacht-filled harbor, upscale restaurants, and lively nightlife, but it also offers plenty of beauty from its whitewashed homes to idyllic beaches edged by a clear turquoise sea and lush green rolling hills. Its Old Town offers a lot of history buffs. You can either relax at your hotel or check out landmarks like Europe’s oldest theater, which opened in 1612, and head to the top of Fortica Fortress to discover a breathtaking panoramic view.
- Day 7
Pakleni Islands Small Group Sailing
Today, you will spend 6 hours on board a sailing ship exploring the beautiful Pakleni Islands. The tour does not follow a fixed itinerary, the ship’s skipper will decide the best islands to visit based on the weather conditions that day. You will stop to enjoy the beaches and hop off the boat for swimming and snorkeling. There will be a lunch stop on one of the islands where you can enjoy a proper Dalmatian lunch by the sea.
Blue Cave speedboat tour
- Day 8
Day at Leisure in Hvar
You’ll get a full day of leisure to enjoy on Hvar.
Private Hvar wineries tour with wine and olive oil tasting
See Hvar from a different angle with a sea kayaking tour
Discover off-the-beaten-track Hvar with its lavender fields and hidden seaside towns
- Day 9
Transfer to Dubrovnik. Private Afternoon Tour
It’s time to venture southeast to your next destination on the Dalmatian Coast, the walled medieval city of Dubrovnik. Upon your arrival, you’ll meet your local guide for a tour that includes filming sites from the hit series “Game of Thrones,” like the Pile Gate, along with the Old City’s ancient walls, Sponza Palace, and the Renaissance Rector’s Palace. You’ll see many impressive historic landmarks as you stroll the marble-paved streets. After your tour, you can ride the cable car to the top of Mount Srd to take in a bird’s-eye view of the red-tiled roofs, the sea, and nearby islands.
- Day 10
Day at Leisure in Dubrovnik
The last day of your tour will be enjoyed at your leisure, the perfect way to explore Dubrovnik at your own pace.
Home-hosted cooking experience in a family’s countryside home
Private guided tour of Montenegro
Wine and oyster tasting tour of the Peljesac Peninsula
- Day 11
Departure from Dubrovnik
After 10 unforgettable nights, your private tour of Croatia’s highlights comes to an end. Enjoy one last breakfast before checking out of your Dubrovnik hotel – your private driver will pick you up for a transfer to Dubrovnik Airport. With so many fantastic destinations nearby, if you prefer to extend your journey, our travel experts can help, otherwise, we wish you a safe flight home and look forward to seeing you again.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED