Bush and Beach Flying Safari
- Duration11 Nights
- When to GoJun - Mar
- Price GuideFrom $8,320 Per Person
At A Glance
- Meet and greet in Nairobi, and transferred to your hotel
- Optional activities include a visit to the Sheldrick orphanage and giraffe center
- Fly from Nairobi to the Masai Mara in a light aircraft plane
- Meet your safari guide on landing in the bush airstrip, and begin your safari
- Opportunities here for day and night game drives, and bush walks
- Fly from the Masai Mara to the southern coast of Kenya
- Enjoy 5 nights in a luxury lodge on the beautiful coast of Watamu
- Opportunity for watersports activities, sunset cruises andm ore
Meet Our Expert
Gemma D Souza
With family roots in Kenya, it became a continent I have naturally gravitated towards. I’ve traveled extensively around East and Southern, working with luxury camps, guides, and rangers for over eight years. I am enthralled by Africa and would happily talk about this diverse continent’s wildlife, cultures and experiences all day, every day.
- 2 nights Hemingways Nairobi including breakfast
- 4 nights Ol Seki Hemingways Mara on a fully inclusive basis
- 5 nights at Hemingways Watamu on a half board basis
- Domestic flights: Nairobi – Maasai Mara – Watamu – Nairobi
- Private touring as detailed in the itinerary
- Private transfers as detailed in the itinerary
- Shared Game Drives while on safari
- All park fees and airstrip transfers
- Expert trip planning advice and 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
What's not Included
- As we have clients from all over the world. Our itineraries do not include international flights.
- Any premium brands or drinks not included
- Gratuities for local guides
- Visas if required
- We strongly advise all guests purchase comprehensive travel insurance
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1 - 2
You will be met on arrival in Kenya’s capital, Nairobi. Greeted with a friendly smile and a kind driver/guide, you will instantly feel welcome to the country. You will be transferred to Hemingways Hotel which is located between Nairobi National Park and the foot of the Ngong Hills. The hotel is luxurious in every sense – with personal butler service, a relaxing spa on site, contemporary modern cuisine and a bar featuring the finest selection of wines. Enjoy the evening, relax and unwind, ready for your adventure tomorrow.
On the second day, you will explore Nairobi. You will be met by your guide who will take you to visit the elephants at the Sheldrick Wildlife Orphanage where you can spend time with the baby elephants. The Sheldrick Charity rescues orphaned baby elephants in the wild and brings them to the centre to raise them. They are then released back into the wild when they are old enough. You will then continue to the Giraffe Centre when you can feed Rothschild Giraffes and learn about their conservation. Your guide will transfer you back to your hotel to relax for the afternoon before you head off on safari tomorrow.
- Day 3 - 6
This morning you will be met by your driver and transferred to Wilson Airport for your light aircraft transfer into the Maasai Mara. On arrival, you will be met by your driver and transferred to your camp. You will spend 4 nights at Ol Seki Hemingways Mara a luxury camp located in the Naboisho Conservancy bordering the Maasai Mara Reserve. The camp has an outstanding location and has just 10 luxury tents with panoramic views of the reserve. Each luxury tent has a full en-suite bathroom and large comfortable beds. There is a stunning pool to cool off in and watch the wildlife pass by the camp.
The Naboisho Conservancy is a private reserve and can therefore control the numbers of visitors allowed into the park for game drives. Unlike the main park, there are no crowds in the Naboisho Conservancy, you can enjoy your wildlife sightings in peace and quiet. The area is known for its high density of lions, cheetah, leopard, elephant and the general game as well as the rare wild dog. You will go out on morning and afternoon game drives out into the reserve with your highly qualified ranger to spot the wildlife. There is also the opportunity to meet the local Maasai herdsmen and their families, take a hot air balloon trip or go on a horseback safari. The Great Migration is the movement of approximately 1.5 million wildebeest and 200,000 zebra through Kenya and Tanzania in search of fresh rains and green pasture. Between May and August there the possibility of the Great Migration arriving in the Maasai Mara area and you can witness this amazing wildlife spectacle.
- Day 7 - 11
This morning you will enjoy your morning game drive before you are transferred to the airstrip for your flight to the coastal airport of Malindi. You will be met on arrival and your driver will take you to your hotel for the next 5 nights, Hemingways Watamu. This five-star resort hotel is right on the beach with views over the Indian Ocean. Each of the 39 rooms has views over the gardens, pool or ocean and are furnished with modern luxuries.
Watamu Beach is a quiet part of the Kenyan coastline where you can relax and recharge on its white-sand beaches. The area is part of Watamu Marine National Park and has excellent snorkelling and diving with a good chance of spotting whale sharks, manta rays and turtles. The park has 150 different types of coral and 500 species of fish making it one of the best diving areas in Kenya. The hotel has a range of water sports available including kite surfing and water-skiing. If you would like to explore the wildlife there is stand up paddleboards available for guests to use. A short drive away is the five-star golf resort of Vipingo Ridge nearby for guests wanting to spend a day on a course. You can end your day with a sundowner trip on a local boat (dhow) at Mida Creek, part of the Kenya Marine Reserve.
- Day 12
This morning you will check out and your driver will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Nairobi. Depending on your outbound flight time, you will either be transferred to a hotel for a day room, or transferred to the international airport to connect onto your flight home. Goodbye Kenya!
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED