A Uganda Adventure
- Duration11 nights
- StyleSafari and gorilla trek
- When to GoYear round
- Price GuideFrom $8,684 Per Person
A a Glance
- Private transfer from the airport to your hotel to the first luxury lodge on Lake Victoria
- Morning transfer to Murchison Falls National Park
- Walking safari with the opportunity to see White Rhinos
- Game drive to Lake Albert to see amazing wildlife
- Boat ride up the Nile
Kibale National Park
- Private transfer and flight from Kasese to Kibale National Park
- 2 nights at different luxury lodge
- Chimpanzee trek with an experienced ranger
Bwindi National Park
- Three nights in another stunning lodge
- Game drive in Ishasha, home to tree-climbing lions
- Hike to seek mountain gorillas in their natural habitat
- 2 nights at a unique lodge built on an island surrounded by the Nile River
- Choose from a range of activities including white water rafting, jet boating, horse riding
Meet Our Expert
Gemma D Souza
With family roots in Kenya, it became a continent I have naturally gravitated towards. I’ve traveled extensively around East and Southern, working with luxury camps, guides, and rangers for over eight years. I am enthralled by Africa and would happily talk about this diverse continent’s wildlife, cultures and experiences all day, every day.
- 10 nights in Luxury Lodges on a full board basis
- 1 night Lake Victoria on a bed & breakfast basis
- Transportation in a 4x4 Land cruiser jeep with a pop up roof, and an experienced English speaking guide
- All park fees and chimpanzee permits (excluding gorilla permits - additional cost)
- Gorilla Permits (one per person)
- Flight: Bugungu – Kasese Airstrip
- House alcoholic drinks except premium brands
- Expert safari trip planning and 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
What's not Included
- Your international flights – please contact your travel expert if you require assistance with flights
- Any drinks not included int he safari package
- Gratuities for local guides
- We strongly advise all guests purchase comprehensive travel insurance
- Visas if required
Day by Day Itinerary
- Day 1
You will met on arrival in Entebbe International Airport by a private, local guide/driver. They will welcome you into Uganda – a country home to arguably, the friendliest people on the planet! Your guide will then drive you to the Serena Lake Victoria Hotel. This hotel has a range of facilities and sits on the shores of the mighty Lake Victoria – the perfect view for your first night in Uganda.
- Day 2 & 3
Murchison Falls National Park
After breakfast you shall start your tour with your private driver/guide. Your first stop is the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary. Enjoy a guided walking safari to trek with the White Rhinos that have been re-introduced in Uganda. In the afternoon you will drive to the legendary Murchison Falls.
Another game drive will take you across savannah, Borassus Palm Forest and grassland down to Lake Albert. The area is home to Lions, Leopard, Hyena, Buffalo, Elephant, Jackson Hartebeest. Oribi, Waterbucks, Uganda Kobs. The park has a wide variety of bird life including the Secretary Bird, Black Chested Snake Eagle, Tawny and Marshal Eagles Carmine and Swallow Tailed Bee-Eaters.
You will also take a boat ride up the Nile, to Murchison Falls. Once you are at the falls you will hike to the top of the falls where the Nile squeezes through a 7 meter gap and at the bottom you will see huge Nile Crocodiles basking in the sun.
- Day 4 & 5
Kibale National Park
After breakfast, you will fly to Kasese Airstrip and then drive to Kibale National Park, along the way you will pass many tea plantations. On the way you stop in Fort Portal. In the afternoon you will arrive at Ndali Lodge to stay for the night. The lodge is located on a hill with stunning views.
You will meet your guide to go Chimp Trekking in the Kibale Naitonal Park.
The park is home to 13 species of primate including chimpanzees. Kibale Forest is an extremely diverse and dense tropical forest – the perfect home for these wonderful primates. You will have a briefing at Kibale Forest headquarters to run through the logistics, safety features and the behaviors of chimpanzees. Once you have been assigned your group with a ranger, you will begin to trek the forest to find the chimpanzees.
After your chimpanzee trek, you will continue on to Queen Elizabeth National Park which is beautifully scenic. Spend the next two night at Kyambura Gorge Lodge which is proudly part of the Volcanoes Portfolio. Everything here is perfection – the accommodation, the food, the drinks and the service.
- Day 6
Queen Elizabeth National Park
You will begin your day with a morning game drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park. The park is home to over 100 mammal species including lion, buffalo, elephant, hippo, hyena and the elusive giant forest hog.
In the afternoon, you will enjoy a boat ride on the Kazinga Channel. This will give you the opportunity to see elephant, hippo, crocodile and hundreds of bird species. It’s a truly beautiful experience.
- Day 7 - 9
Bwindi National Park
On route to Bwindi National Park, you will drive through the southern part of Queen Elizabeth National Park for a game drive. This area is called Ishasha which is famous for its resident tree-climbing lions.
Here is where you’ll embark on your gorilla trek! After a big morning breakfast (you’ll need it for energy), you will be transferred to the park headquarters to be briefed on the logistics and rules of gorilla trekking. Each group includes 6 people, rangers, trackers and porters. Once assigned your group, you will begin your trek to find the gorilla group. This may be anywhere between 2 and 6 hours so be prepared and ready to hike! Once you find them, you will be allowed one hour to watch, observe and enjoy their presence. It is a humbling experience.
- Day 10 & 11
After an early breakfast, you will have a morning nature walk in the park, before you drive to Jinja. Established in 1907, Jinja is the second largest town in Uganda and also home to the Source of the River Nile.
You will spend the next two nights at the Wild Waters Lodge, built on an island surrounded by the Nile River. The lodge offers water based activities, including white water rafting on the Nile, jet boating, kayaking or fishing. You may prefer to explore the local villages and farms on a bike or on horse back.
- Day 12
This morning will enjoy a boat ride on the source of the Nile and a trip to the Jinja market to stock up on gifts to take home. You will then be transferred back to Entebbe for your onward flight connection.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED