A Week in Istanbul & Cappadocia
- Duration6 Nights
- StylePrivate Tour
- When to GoYear Round
- Price GuideFrom $3,304 Per Person
At a Glance
- Private transfer to Istanbul hotel
- Private guided tour of Istanbul including Hagia Sophia
- Guided cultural tour of the Grand Bazaar and Spice Bazaar
- Cruise along the Bosporus for unique view of Istanbul
- Flight to Cappadocia and private transfer to hotel
- Family run Turkish cooking class in local village
- Sunrise hot-air balloon ride
- Tour of Cappadocia's underground city
Meet Our Expert
- 6 nights in 4 or 5-star accommodation
- Daily breakfast at all hotels
- Private arrival and departure airport transfers
- All mentioned airport transfers and road transport on a private basis in Air Conditioned minivans
- All mentioned tours and sightseeing on a private basis with private driver and English-speaking local guides
- Entrance fees for any mentioned sightseeing, permits, local taxes, etc
- All mentioned regional flights in economy class, inclusive minimum 20kg per person checked baggage
- 24/7 support from our dedicated staff
- Flexible, personalized itinerary based on your interests
What's not Included
- International flights from your country of origin
- Tips or gratuities to guides, drivers, hotel staff
- Any meals, tours, or activities other than those specifically mentioned in itinerary
- Incidental local expenses - souvenirs, laundry, taxis, etc
- Travel visas. Your consultant will advise of any required visas and how to obtain them.
- Travel insurance - we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as you have booked your trip.
Day by Day Itinerary
- DAY 1
Istanbul: Arrival into Istanbul
Your enchanting journey through Istanbul and Cappadocia begins in the Turkish capital. Upon arrival to the airport our private driver to welcome you and transfer you to your hotel. You’ll have the rest of the day to enjoy at your leisure, whether you prefer to rest up after the long journey, head to one of the many fantastic cafes where you might relax with a drink while doing some people watching or jump right in and explore. The opportunities are practically endless. We recommend sampling a signature Turkish dish like kebabs, perfectly squared cuts of chicken or lamb grilled on skewers, followed by baklava.
- DAY 2
Istanbul: Private Guided Historic Tour of Istanbul
Istanbul has an incredibly fascinating history and much of it can be glimpsed within its centuries-old landmarks. Explore them with your knowledgeable private starting with Topkapi Palace, a museum that was once the main residence for Ottoman sultans. Marvel at Hagia Sophia, an important site for Muslim worship after Sultan Mehmed II conquered Constantinople, and then head underground to the Basilica Cistern which delivered drinking water to many buildings, including the Great Palace of Constantinople. You’ll also visit the renowned Blue Mosque, and the Hippodrome that was used to host chariot races, along with Chora Church and its on-site museum.
- DAY 3
Istanbul: Private Guided Cultural Tour of Istanbul
Discover Istanbul’s culture, including its two most famous bazaars on a full-day private guided tour. You’ll start at the most famous of all, the Grand Bazaar where you’ll have the opportunity to bargain for goods and witness the local artisans working at their crafts. Next stop is the Süleymaniye Mosque where you’ll take a guided tour and take in the view of the Bosporus and Golden Horn from the adjacent gardens. The Spice Bazaar also on the agenda, featuring nearly 100 shops selling not only spices, but dried fruits and nuts, Turkish delight, jewelry, souvenirs, and much more.
- DAY 4
Istanbul: Bosporus Cruise
Today you’ll see the city’s remarkable landmarks from the water by embarking on a private cruise on the Bosporus. A knowledgeable guide will accompany you on the journey as you sail between Europe and Asia on the strait that divides the city in two. You’ll see the mosques on the Golden Horn and their minarets that stretch into the sky, along with majestic mansions, elegant marble palaces, and Ottoman fortresses. Be sure to bring your camera to take advantage of all the photo-ops, not only of Istanbul, but if you’re lucky, you might spot bottlenose dolphins and harbour porpoise.
- DAY 5
Cappadocia: Turkish Cooking Class
This morning you’ll leave Istanbul, taking private transfer to the airport for the one-hour flight to Cappadocia. After settling into your accommodation there, you’ll be taken to a family home in the village of Ayvali to learn the secrets of Turkish cooking. The matriarch of the family will teach you how to prepare local dishes, desserts, and pastries that you’ll help prepare alongside her son. Once everything is done, you’ll be able to sit down with the family and enjoy it, along with the chance to learn more about their daily life. At the end, you’ll be given the recipes to take home.
- DAY 6
Cappadocia: Hot-Air Balloon Ride + Afternoon Tour
On your last full day, you’ll enjoy a grand finale, the perfect way to celebrate your time in Turkey: a hot-air balloon ride over Cappadocia. Early in the morning, you’ll head to the launch site, enjoying a light breakfast as the balloon is prepared. Hop aboard and rise up into the sky as the sun creeps above the horizon, highlighting the beauty of the landscape below. In the afternoon, you’ll get to know the terrain at ground level, exploring an underground city, a citadel carved into the rock, unique troglodyte settlements, the Red Valley, and more, with lunch included.
- DAY 7
This trip of a lifetime through Turkey comes to an end today, with your private driver bringing you to the airport in Cappadocia to board your flight back to Istanbul. Once you’ve arrived at Istanbul’s airport, you can begin your journey home, or extend your trip, spending more time in the capital city or heading elsewhere. With so many fantastic destinations both near and far, the options are endless – our travel experts will be happy to make suggestions if you aren’t sure where to go. Otherwise, we hope to have the pleasure of hosting you on another exciting tour in the future.
Let’s make this itinerary yours.
Speak to our experienced Destinations Experts about designing this itinerary around your budget and needs
COPYRIGHT © 2023 UNFORGETTABLE TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED